Snapper Spaniards Sensational

tugger

59 minutes ago, straddiebrad said:

good haul there mate will get out soon myself whats the temp like out there did you notice? thinking of hitting the 35s next time out

It was 23 degrees I am still going to fish the rock for a little while till later in winter when those reefs fire up out on the 33s and 35s

9 minutes ago, straddiebrad said:

thought it may have been a bit cooler then that yes needs to cool down a bit more for out there

We had a couple of runs on the lives down on the bottom to I forgot in the report. There was plenty of action there at the rock I haven't fished it for a while and has got me keen to get back out there.

Thanks heaps for the decky spot Tugger. It was a top trip. 

Those snapper were fun to catch. 

Yes Stefan was thrilled with the catch. He has posted it to all his mates that are as green with envy as stefan was green with sea sickness. Good on him for sticking it out. 

I really appreciate you letting him bring in the fish. It will probably be the fish of his life as he is in central Germany. He loves his fishing and has caught a stack of trout. I am sure the picture will go up on the pool room wall. 

I had a great day. 

So many whales. They are thick as at the moment. I went out on the Wed before and they were everywhere. 

Here are a few photos of the day. 

The bird is a Southern Giant Petrel. It was very tame and really wanted our baits. It even had a go at eating the undersized snapper but we made sure they were out of reach. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_giant_petrel

I have not yet frozen the fillets yet. We are nearly through them. We have had so many meals so far. Still a few to go. They are still in very good condition and will see if I need to freeze them tonight. 

20190621_073256.jpg

20190621_101624.jpg

20190619_144928.jpg

Stephan with Mac.jpg