To do list for local fishing.

chubbstar

Update on the list:P. I forgot a few things that I would like:cheer:

1. A first Mangrove Jack. Any size will do (will be trying mainly with lures)

2. A Bull Shark from anywhere

3. Fish on a popper (mainly trying for Whiting, Bream, Pike or Mangrove Jack)

4. A Tuna from the bay

5. Legal Snapper on a lure

6. 1 kilo Bream

I hope very much that I will get the first 4. The others I would like, but they aren't the highest on my list (obviously:P)

update as well.

1, mangrove jack, NOT it's little brother moses perch.

2,big cod. i have caught smaller ones but always got busted off by big ones

3,tuna in the bay on bass gear

4,snapper on bass gear

5,bullie on 20lb gear since my only big bullie (1m) was caught on 2-6lb UL gear so it was not fun!

6,threadies

7,legal size jew

a long list...

damn i want to help you get some of those of your list kev but im stuffed if i can catch a fish at the moment i must of pissed the great god posiedon king of the oceans of some time maybe i should stop peeing over the side :laugh: .I have to go on the want to catch a jack list ive had a few tuna but bass gear look out it sounds like fun may as well through a bully on the bass gear list and id truly love to catch a theadfin they sound fantastic :)

:laugh: u r so humorous jason

i think we can have a go at the close reefs next week see if we r lucky enough to pick up some snapper on bass gear. i will get 2 kilos of pilly if u want just to make sure we r not struggling to get bait like last time.

no bullies, i can do that landbased.. just 24hrs @ shorncliffe jetty and i think it'll be done.

gonefishin wrote:

dream fishes to catch- big cod, snapper and mangrove jack and also want to try out fishing bramble bay, the pin and st helena/ green &peel islands (mud is a bit to far for a 13ft tinny)

If you can get to st helena might as well try mud not that much further pick some good weather

A saltwater Barra over 80cm would be nice and one of those big arsed Jacks that they catch out the reef would be the cherry on the cake.

Also, always wanted to catch a dogtooth tunal.

Oh, (sorry to hog a little too much, but.....)

To finally spear a mackerel would be like winning my first game of chess.

• 1 month later...

Cowfish13 wrote:

Update on the list:P. I forgot a few things that I would like:cheer:

1. A first Mangrove Jack. Any size will do (will be trying mainly with lures)

2. A Bull Shark from anywhere

3. Fish on a popper/surface lure (mainly trying for Whiting, Bream, Pike or Mangrove Jack)

4. A Tuna from the bay

5. Legal Snapper on a lure

6. 1 kilo Bream

I hope very much that I will get the first 4. The others I would like, but they aren't the highest on my list (obviously:P)

Well, I can now cross off number 2:)

pinkey wrote:

The only thing i have got from my list so far is first fish on popper :P even though it was a pike :S. I want a whiting or bream on popper now.

Yeah, I had a bit of a go at whiting on a Rebel PopR in that colour starlo used on the fishing DVD. Didn't happen.. but after reading up a bit more I realise it wasn't the right area or conditions.

• 3 weeks later...

Confused wrote:

Thx Jayson well i pretty much go up there most weekends, so when u have a weekend free let me know and i will take you. This offer applies to whoever wants to come, Especially and yakkers i can cary those up aswell, When mine arrives i plan to go around DI headland or if weather is crappy in noosa river.

Once this weather improves, I'll be taking you up on this offer.

Up dated list

Now I can take Mangrove Jack off my list:woohoo:

Still have to catch a Jew Fish.

Elli's got me thinking about Murry Cod now also:blink:

I may even go chase my first Bass.

Jayson

congratulations on the update jayson.

i will tick cod and shark out from my list as well.

i got my shark on 20lb days ago. fighting a bullie on 20lb line is so much more fun than fighting them on 4lb line.

as for the big cod, i don't think i;m gonna land one. they r just unbeatable....i can get them out from rocks once and they can get me back in in a second. well, i say give up!

• 3 months later...

Dan23 wrote:

I have the worst luck with setting goals

Maybe Thready on a lure land based. Now that would be a challenge.

I did it!!

Who else managed to crack their goals from this thread?? Should be interesting for all to look back on :cheer:

Archived