To do list for local fishing.

chubbstar

I'm at a loss. There's so many things I want to do right now, I just cant make up my mind.:huh:

A small list of fishing and fish that I'm looking to Target.

After reading this months Bush'n'Beach about Mangrove Jacks, I've been bitten by the bug \"HARD\". So I'll be looking at Lures poppers etc to do the job soon.

As you may know already I scored a bargain not long ago, with a Beach fishing rig (4m rod and Alvey 650B all for $7). I'm keen as to give this type of fishing a go as I've never surf fished before. My main target will be Jew, ooohhh to catch a Jew *DROOL*.

This is just 2 types of fishing and spieces that I'm realy keen to try.

Of course there's more, But I want to complete them first.

I know basicly F.A about this type of fishing, so it's going to take a little while to learn the ropes, Hopefully the fish will follow.

What are your \"MUST DO/MUST CATCH\" dreams. Remember please Keep it LOCAL.

Jayson

PS if you have tips to help others catch thier dream fish, feel free to share them.;)

SHARK!!! yet to pull a shark out. I have studied all the articles and reports AFO has to offer, and will be making a trip to the river some time very soon.

Be sure to tell us all when you want to have a go at those jew. I love a good surf fishing trip, and hope to have a 4x4 really soon.

Woody

Ha Kevin that Ippy Cobia would be a catch. :laugh: You do have a sense of humour.

I have a couple to target, Albert River Perch, Albert River Freshwater Mary Cod, Brissy Thready, Logan Jack, Moreton Bay Tiger Shark, Pin Jew and \"small boat\" sport fish like marlin and warhoo. But don't forget the metre plus Barra.

Just a few to chase over the summer.:)

Well guys im off to DI next weekend, Camping/fishing ,Hopefully mate will tow his boat down. I'm atm alone in my cruiser and going Friday arvo maybe 3-4pm for a weekend of surf fishing notice a few of u guys have'nt tried this kind of fishing before, I'll gladly pass on a few of my skills to broadern your knowledge and hopefully land a jewie, The big bream have moved in few weeks back was getting them around 40-50cm mark, and the start of some monster whiting close on 1kg, also if u have a boat ill be able to tow it if ya want to take it, So PM me if interested and lets get some of those fish ticked off ya list!

Confused wrote:

Well guys im off to DI next weekend, Camping/fishing ,Hopefully mate will tow his boat down. I'm atm alone in my cruiser and going Friday arvo maybe 3-4pm for a weekend of surf fishing notice a few of u guys have'nt tried this kind of fishing before, I'll gladly pass on a few of my skills to broadern your knowledge and hopefully land a jewie, The big bream have moved in few weeks back was getting them around 40-50cm mark, and the start of some monster whiting close on 1kg, also if u have a boat ill be able to tow it if ya want to take it, So PM me if interested and lets get some of those fish ticked off ya list!

Now thats awsome, I would love to come but work commitments wont allow it:( . The best of luck on the trip though. I'll be keeping an eye out for the report.

Oh and Karma coming your way, As soon as I can:blush: You Got your Karma mate:woohoo:

Jayson

Thx Jayson well i pretty much go up there most weekends, so when u have a weekend free let me know and i will take you. This offer applies to whoever wants to come, Especially and yakkers i can cary those up aswell, When mine arrives i plan to go around DI headland or if weather is crappy in noosa river.

Mine are pretty simple. The list is in order.

1. A first Mangrove Jack. Any size will do (will be trying mainly with lures)

2. A Bull Shark from anywhere

3. A Tuna from the bay

4. And Schultzy told me that he gets most of his bigger Bream in summer, so I would love to break the 1 kilo mark:woohoo:, but it isn't the higest on my list.

Have being trying for the Jack pretty constantly, especially at Shultz.

Cowfish13 wrote:

Mine are pretty simple. The list is in order.

1. A first Mangrove Jack. Any size will do (will be trying mainly with lures)

2. A Bull Shark from anywhere

3. A Tuna from the bay

4. And Shultzy told me that he gets most of his bigger Bream in summer, so I would love to break the 1 kilo mark:woohoo:, but it isn't the higest on my list.

Have being trying for the Jack pretty constantly, especially at Shultz.

CUT PASTE MINE TOO although no.4 is ticked here

me and Bait Bringa are trying for some squire tomoro and maybe a mangrove jack if we are lucky.

but luckily for me i have already caught a 3 kilo jack so thats off my list and it was on a lure.

I wanna catch a bullie in the river aswell as a squire so hopefully by tomoro night ill have one of those ticked off

Tim a wrote:

As some may know from many nagging posts, I just want a Jack.

:huh: Tell me about it Tim, I've just spent the last 3 hours looking up as much info as I can about Jacks:blink:

I now have 2 Jacks in my life, Mangrove Jacks and Jack Daniels:laugh:

Just found this, a good read.
/>http://www.spooled.com.au/Article:623

Jayson

I have the worst luck with setting goals

Every time I say I have a new mission for summer I get it straight away and spoil all the fun.

Happened twice to me already this summer. First was when i said I wanted to catch my first fish on a popper. 30 seconds later I did. Then I said I wanted to catch a wild river bass. 30 minutes later I did.

I'm jinxed :angry: I want something I can spend all summer working towards.

Maybe Thready on a lure land based. Now that would be a challenge.

Or bass at NPD. Everyone else thinks that is easy but it is my number 1 failure.

Archived