March On The North Pine River

Fishyreb

Hi Fishyreb

Those are some nice fish and sessions, good job on the bream, pike, and grunter! 🙂 

I can't confirm the question about tarpon as I've never fished there/heard of it either, sorry. Keep putting the work in for sharks as well, you clearly have the right rigs. Hopefully you'll get one soon because it might cool of to much for them soon. 

Good luck,

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

21 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi Fishyreb

Those are some nice fish and sessions, good job on the bream, pike, and grunter! 🙂 

I can't confirm the question about tarpon as I've never fished there/heard of it either, sorry. Keep putting the work in for sharks as well, you clearly have the right rigs. Hopefully you'll get one soon because it might cool of to much for them soon. 

Good luck,

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Thanks yeah I'm gonna give the sharking a rest and start targeting something else for a while. Not sure what yet 

5 hours ago, ellicat said:

Hey mate, you're a brave man to wrestle with those pike eels and their vicious mouths !
Did you keep the javelin ? They're supposed to be good on the chew.

The javelin went back I wasn't sure of the minimum size for them and I couldn't be bothered. 

Yeah the eels gave me a hard time the first one swallowed the hook right down and was bleeding like crazy so I bashed his head and kept him for bait. The second one was a nightmare to unhook one hook was in his chin and the other was in the back of his head. I got one hook out easily but then he started thrashing and there was teeth and hooks and slime going everywhere it was a bit dangerous but he swam free after a minute of me dancing around him with the pliers in the dark haha