The Nest

ellicat

Hey ellicat

And I always thought if you stopped using lures the catties would bugger off... guess I was wrong.

That looks like a good barra lure, especially with the green (I have always heard green lures are the best for barra, but I've had no experience except the time I flicked a big green hardbody in a freshwater canal at Rockhampton, mainly fearing crocs though..) 

Shame you didn't get any at all, my dad once fished with his mate on a dam on his mates boat, his mate got one and ate it but he never did. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Hoi ellicat

Haha, I think I might try a green lure at the local park to see if I can prove that theory right. 😉 

I think he knows the feeling of not catching fish better very well, once when he was on a charter everyone caught a fish except him, but when he saw colour of his fish (a big Cobia) it got off. I think he's satisfied though because now when he comes fishing he at least gets to reel in what he hooks... LOL (I used to nick whatever he hooked to land 😜)

Cheers Hamish