Yakin'... Yippee!

AUS-BNE-FISHO

1 hour ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi all

Well I know it's a bit old now, but I didn't get around to posting my last yakking adventure on the school holidays. 

I launched out with my mate at the local park. We were both in sit ins (my mate in a proper racing boat which he had paddled a ton before and myself in a 30+ year old fibreglass yak my dad had picked up off the side of the road twelve years ago 😉). It was bloody windy making it difficult to paddle straight as well, especially considering my boat had no keel so I over-turned very easily. I started off doing circle work, but got about 100 metres to the next jetty down. We then set off to the boat ramp upstream... I was getting the hang of paddling it now, but the wind and my novice abilities (to say the least) weren't helping. I'm sure every time I did more circle work my mate was laughing his arse off in his fifteen foot boat, but unfortunately he did not capsize or get blown away by the wind like I hoped. Lol. 😈

I got to the boat ramp and was quite tired, but continued to go on. I finally arrived back at the jetty, looking nagged as ever... At least I had something to look forward to after. I had thought up a plan to cook some snags on the fire barbeque nearby, so we took the yaks over so started cooking. They were sure yummy! 

IMG_7069.JPG.f213f1d873b32db188ba37f4f510b1fd.JPGIMG_7068.JPG.16daf04274104b47199d50930ad11fea.JPGIMG_7073.JPG.0b7a4ee3d1d615b3e4548f910dfc7ec0.JPGIMG_7079.JPG.c027cdb755d495a32abec2846c849463.JPG

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Mate, that’s not a bbq. That’s a bonfire!

And when your old man said he picked the kayak up off the side of the road, was it the middle of the night by any chance?

23 hours ago, GregOug said:

Mate, that’s not a bbq. That’s a bonfire!

And when your old man said he picked the kayak up off the side of the road, was it the middle of the night by any chance?

Hey Greg

Lol, I guess you could put it like that.

He picked the kayak up at Yeppoon for fifty bucks on a roadside sale...

When I asked him this question he asked if you were inquiring he stole it. 😉 

Cheers Hamish

38 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey Greg

Lol, I guess you could put it like that.

He picked the kayak up at Yeppoon for fifty bucks on a roadside sale...

When I asked him this question he asked if you were inquiring he stole it. 😉 

Cheers Hamish

Just kidding. Sounded funny picking a kayak up off the side of the road. You omitted the part about him buying it!

21 hours ago, GregOug said:

Just kidding. Sounded funny picking a kayak up off the side of the road. You omitted the part about him buying it!

Hi Greg

Well I guess I did leave the facts out so fair enough! 

15 hours ago, rayke1938 said:

No photo of you doing an eskimo roll?😉

Hey Ray

The photos are on the bottom of the Brisbane River. If you want to go diving in my area feel free to go (Just kidding, I haven't learnt to do eskimo rolls yet 😉).

Cheers Hamish

There was a bloke who fell off his sit on yak at the Hinze today in choppy and windy conditions, Luckily he had 2 mates who were able to chase down his yak and assist him to get back on it .It took him 3 or 4 goes to get back on .no life jacket  and in 100 feet of water

Edited by rayke1938