NPD Visit Report.

rayke1938

This is not a fishing report nut a visit report.

Today I went to a meeting and Barby that was held at the old PRFMA launching site at the end of Adsetts Rd.

It was very sad seeing how it looks with no water there.

First shot is looking down from the top of the old ramp. There used to be over 30 ft of water here.

The first year that I fished all the area in the foreground was under water. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_9876_AFO.jpg

post-230-144598434442_thumb.jpg

This is looking back up the culvert from the end of the temporary ramp. There used to be over 6ft of water over the top of this culvert.It will bring back some memories to Dino.

When the dam fills it is going to be a complete new learning curve as there is so much new growth there some of the saplings are well over 15ft tall and 6 inches in circumference.

It will be impossible to troll in some of the old areas but the upside is that lots of new structure.

I was told that there is an old sand quarry and access road visible just near the entrance to the arm that the old launching site is in. I wasnt game to go for a walk to have look for 2 reasons. Area is full of black snakes and ranger D.H ( Hey just realised what the initials stand for:laugh: ) may have been lurking to confiscate my rod :kiss:

Stocking for Kurwongbah is progressing smoothly just wading through the process of paperwork etc.

Had a bit of a yarn to Fitzy and he was pleased with the Lenthalls update. He said that is is an australian first that they are using the certification of the outboards to regulate access and says it has the potential to open up more water storages to recreational use.

He also said that SEQ water no longer exists and the new body takes over 1/1/08 ( i think)

This will mean that every water storage south of Gympie and west to Toowomba comes under the control of one body.

Hopefully this may result in common rules of access for all dams.

Cheers

Ray [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_9878_AFO.jpg

post-230-144598434449_thumb.jpg

Archived