Baroon Pocket Trip

Feral

Brian and I have been discussing the possiblity of organising a trip up to Baroon Pocket Dam.

There is a limit of 10 powered boats on the lake at any one time, with no electrics allowed in canoes.

However I know there is a growing membership of floating cigars here (oops kayaks and canoes), and Baroon is small enough to make a lot of it easily accessible by paddle power. I often see the mad mongrels (sorry dedicated fitness freaks, dang - Canoiests, I'll get it right) fishing there.

(They hire boats from the Kiosk there, but they are only sail boats, no canoes).

There is good structure up the south eastern arm of the dam, steep drops offs, banks, sunken forest, and an awful lot more weed beds than at Hinze, (those of you who have been fishing Nabs dam know how to work then now!)

I am sure Ray would be up for it, as would I.

Anyone else interested? Any ideas on dates? [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1030513.jpg

post-134-144598400844_thumb.jpg

Well after consulting the family calendar, and the BCF calendar, how does

Sunday the 8th of October

sound to everyone? Ray and I will be back from Glenlyon, and had a few days to recuperate, (and hopefully earnt enough brownie points for another days fishing!).

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/09/04 16:20

Archived