Whiting hooks

bulldogs195461

Mustard ultrapoint no.1s , the baitholder ones is what i use , 2's a tad smaller but just as good.

Though i Fish for my Whiting a little different to others as i Fish for my Whiting in deeper gutters mostly using a paternoster Rig , peeled prawn or Yabby..

I do have a host of other Whiting hooks both in long and short shank for Fishing in variouse enviroments for them..

Just make sure your hooks a deadly sharp..

Hey @bulldogs195461

When I fish for whiting, which is rarely, I use long shank hooks. I thread the worms on, if using yabbies (once in a blue moon because my pump is broken and haven't put a new washer in) thread them on too, and if using prawns thread them on too. The long shank makes it easy to get the bait sitting nicely and have the barb nice and exposed. 

Cheers Hamish

hey @bulldogs195461

I am quite new to fishing and at Christmas finally cracked the whiting code.  Before i was catching them by luck now i can go out and target them relatively well.  Definitely a longshank hook for yabbies/nippers (I can't afford worms and cant catch them yet).  I have various places I collect yabbies and find that their size can be dramatically different.  I would suggest a few sizes so you can match the size of the hook to the size of the yabbie.  Thread the yabbie on from underneath the tail to the head (like @ellicat said you want the barb coming out either by the head or through the head.  I have found that as long as your bait is moving or wafting around in the current keeping them alive after threading them is not that important. Lol.

Cheers Kat