Zerek fishtraps

Bood

1 hour ago, Bood said:

Hi guys what sort of fish would the Zerek fish traps target I’ve just picked up 2x 95mm fish traps as heard good things about them

Hey Bood

I've never caught fish on them, but heard the smaller ones are great for flatties and the larger ones are great for pulling up threadies and Mulloway out of deep holes. I still prefer livebait though 😉 

Cheers Hamish

22 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey Bood

I've never caught fish on them, but heard the smaller ones are great for flatties and the larger ones are great for pulling up threadies and Mulloway out of deep holes. I still prefer livebait though 😉 

Cheers Hamish

Well hopefully I can get something.... the misses is questioning my ability to catch fish lol

my targets species are thready, jacks and bullies.... more of my dream catch as I never got one of any yet 

Just now, Bood said:

mt targets are thready, jacks and bullies

Hey Bood

Good luck. Threadies will also go for live bait (mullet, herring, prawns, biddies, bony bream, etc) if you need an alternative.

My go to bait for bullies is Freshwater Eel. Here is a great article @christophagus wrote on catching 'em if you need any tips - 

Cheers Hamish