Dissapointing Monduran

Dec

Went to monduran on thursday to fish part of the southern barramundi tour our team was team tt lures we had a prefish on friday but didnt get any thing then the first day of the comp nothing all day except for a cattie. Came in end result for first day was 16 fish caught out of 86 people. Then the next day out again fished most of the day then went over to see our mates at their fishing spot they had been there all day and on dads 5th or 6th cast he was on to a barra rolled on the surface then it spat the hook went back to the weigh in and found out only 5 fish were caught that day. Anyway won a tacle box for lucky draw and dads mate gave me a $400 combo that he won at awonga. So all up a dissapointing start to wild barra fishing for me.

Yeah maybe. Funny how there's differing degrees to wild. Do people count fish they have caught in dams as PBs? I'd say an 80cm wild Barra would be more of a prize to me then a 1M Awoonga. The salty would probably fight harder too because of living in tidal water and having to avoid crocks all their life.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm terrible at Dam fishing :P

Dan23 wrote:

Yeah maybe. Funny how there's differing degrees to wild. Do people count fish they have caught in dams as PBs? I'd say an 80cm wild Barra would be more of a prize to me then a 1M Awoonga. The salty would probably fight harder too because of living in tidal water and having to avoid crocks all their life.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm terrible at Dam fishing :P

Spot on, that's how I think too Dan

Archived