ellicat

Round Twenty-One results…

Thursday, August 4

Roosters 34  vs. 16 Broncos

In this run to the final’s, and positioning in the eight, the Roosters crowed, while making the Broncos appear to be Shetland ponies running on a heavy track…

Friday, August 5

Storm 32  vs. 14 Titans
with or without Munster at fullback, Coates back from injury, the Titans were goner’s before  kick off…
Jahrome Hughes came out of the game with a shoulder injury concern, for the Storm

Sea Eagles 36  vs. 20 Eels
before the 80 minute mark, the subdued Brookvale faithful started to quietly leave…

Saturday, August 6

Rabbitohs 48  vs. 10 Warriors
Bunnies really did a job against a 17, that are looking forward to their Mad Monday...

Raiders 6  vs  26 Panthers
The excitement came after the game this round, and the guessing game begins; How much of a fine will Sticky’s presso get him, and will there be an NRL Royal Commission into fishy, doggy acts, and ice cream toppings…

Sharks 24  vs. 18 Dragons
the Dragons had many opportunities to win this game, but found ways to miss them

Sunday, August 7

Bulldogs 14  vs. 28 Cowboys
The Cowboys started in low gear, but finished with the choccies

Tigers 10  vs.  14 Knights
Who woulda thunk… the Tiggers stunk

here we go again...

Round Twenty-Two

Thursday, August 11

Panthers vs. Storm, BlueBet Stadium 7.50pm

Friday, August 12

Warriors vs. Bulldogs, Mt Smart Stadium** 6pm

Eels vs. Rabbitohs, CommBank Stadium 7.55pm

Saturday, August 13

Roosters vs. Cowboys, SCG 3pm

Tigers vs. Sharks, Tamworth 5.30pm

Broncos vs. Knights, Suncorp Stadium 7.35pm

Sunday, August 14

Raiders vs. Dragons, GIO Stadium 2pm

Titans vs. Sea Eagles, Cbus Super Stadium 4.05pm

Round Twenty-Two results..

Thursday, August 11

Panthers 0  vs. 16 Storm

I checked BOM’s Sydney weather updates, before kick off… there was no severe Storm warning issued…

Friday, August 12

Warriors 42  vs. 18 Bulldogs
Dawg gone… fancy that!

Eels 0  vs. 26 Rabbitohs
Brined and smoked eels…

Saturday, August 13

Roosters 32  vs. 18 Cowboys

Cowboys rode into town, and got Roost-a-doodled…

Tigers 12  vs. 36 Sharks
an in-form 3rd out played a struggling15th…

Broncos 28  vs. 10 Knights
Defence and the Knights 41 missed tackles, aided the Broncos in overcoming a frequently     threatening Knights side.

Sunday, August 14

Raiders 24  vs. 22 Dragons
Despite a late surge by the Dragons, the Raiders held on for the win and put the Dragons into the first week of Mad Monday’s

Titans 42  vs. 24 Sea Eagles
Fancy that…

2 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Broncos should beat the Raiders on for and against - currently 100 ahead of them.

Raiders have Knights, Sea Eagles, Tigers which will all be very winnable putting them on 30 points.

This means the Broncs as your prediction must win 1 of there last 3 games to also be on 30 points and pip the raiders on f/a 

Going to be good watch in the last few rounds

7 hours ago, Hweebe said:

I'm worried about the Raiders creeping into the 8. They have a good home run.

Broncos have Storm and Eels will be tough (although at home), Dragons on Ben Hunt's day can beat the Broncos.

Wouldn't worry too much - if they lose all 3 matches they're probably better off not in the finals anyway ..... (but they won't - they'll win at least 2 of those three ..... 🙂).

well, not much of the regular season left now...

Round Twenty-Three

Thursday, August 18

Rabbitohs vs. Panthers, Stadium Australia 7.50pm

Friday, August 19

Cowboys vs. Warriors, QLD Country Bank Stadium 6pm

Broncos vs. Storm, Suncorp Stadium 7.55pm

Saturday, August 20

Eels vs. Bulldogs, CommBank Stadium 3pm

Sea Eagles vs. Sharks, 4 Pines Park 5.30pm

Roosters vs. Tigers, SCG 7.35pm

Sunday, August 21

Dragons vs Titans, WIN Stadium 2pm

Knights vs. Raiders, McDonald Jones Stadium 4.05pm

If one goes by Ladder positions, and the 'highly likely' tipping method, there's only one highly likely upset of the round foreseeable..... 

Getting to that interesting part of the season. Despite the loss last night, the bunnies are finding form at the right time, as are the chooks who could shake the broncos out of the 8 depending on the last few games. Melbourne have returned to form and who knows what the Eels might do. Cronulla (boo!) are playing good tough football and will be near the top at the end. For the Qld teams, the broncos weren’t too inspiring in the win against the knights, but to even make it into the 8 would be an unexpected bonus this season; the cows are going well but some of the earlier magic is fading a bit at present. The Titans will likely finish strong to give us a bit of hope for next year while showing us what they should have done all season. 

It would be a brave punter who would bet on anyone else for the big prize. They look like they are treading water waiting for their playmakers to return for the finals. 

9 minutes ago, Hweebe said:

Yes that will be me my general mood does ride in alignment with Bronx form, my misso knows to stay clear after a bad loss 🙂  or ask for a new handbag/shoes after a big win

Enjoy the game @Hweebe.  As a personal favour to the Broncos I won’t be attending. Every home game I have been to in the past few years they have lost. In fact, I can’t remember going to a game where they won. One of my sons is a big Broncos fan, but has lived and worked in Asia for the last 12 years. He was home for a few weeks recently and wanted to go to a game. The only home game was the one against the Tigers, so we organised a group of friends and rellies to go. I remember thinking it was a shame that he wouldn’t see a good contest. Say no more.🥴