Miscellaneous Fish?

obone

ando_04 wrote:

Would like to say that’s to the team at afo, did a very good job guys!

Also was good meeting all the members I have never meet before.

Few pics from today

Brians salmon.

1.jpg

Team Anderson got done by four theadies, before I landed this one ( that’s what happens when u use bass gear)

2.jpg

3.jpg

She went 126cms and 11.900kgs

Brians went 130cms and 12kg

4.jpg

Brian with the winning grin to wind up a good weekend

5.jpg

BTW changed shirt after i took a few pics did'nt want it getting all smelly

The photo of brian and ando with their threadies would be awsome on the front cover of Bush n Beach.

Cheers and congrats to organisers and all participants .

Ray

Brian,

Congrats on the big win with a super big fish!

Only problem is that it looks like you cat reach the peddles on the new yak. Think you will have to give it to someone with longer legs.... But damn, that counts me out too.

And the banner with the 2 lovely assistants seated underneath... 'Classic'

Will post a thread shortly about what I did on the weekend.

I was telling a few people at the weigh in about a monster thready I saw up a Port Alma but it was when I was about 13 so I couldn't remember the details.

I just spoke to dad and he reckons it was really massive. Big enough to put your head in its mouth. Apparently I hooked it on a home made small HB with small hooks fishing for bream. He said I only had 4kg line on!:laugh:

So what he reckons was it came up at my lure at the surface and engulfed it the it's massive tail came out of the water as it dived straight to the bottom. Needless to say the hooks didn't stay in as they were only very small.

On that same trip dad got one around 80-90cm on bait.

Just thought I'd give some details because it probably sounded like I was telling fish tails.

Thanks for the advice mackmauler. I was only targeting bream and they are great for those but they don't seem to cut it on the bigger stuff. You should have seen what a 40cm jack did to the standard hooks on my little kokoda sprog. Nasty.:silly:

How small do those VMC hooks get?

Rocket75 wrote:

Late update for those online.

Brian D of the Southern Chillies weighed in this monster today.

Contender for Misc Fish section I reckon.

12kg+, approx 130cm.

Full report I'll leave for Brian.

Rocket

[img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/xmas_tree_017.jpg

welcome to the 130 club brian, it was getting lonely;)

Brian D wrote:

Rocket75 wrote:
Late update for those online.

Brian D of the Southern Chillies weighed in this monster today.

Contender for Misc Fish section I reckon.

12kg+, approx 130cm.

Full report I'll leave for Brian.

Rocket

[img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/xmas_tree_017.jpg

See the red spots on the fish, what are they? This photo was taken about 10 mins after the catch so it's not from abuse after the landing. I am putting it down to the tough fight it gave coming to the baot. It gave me some curry and I gave it back, so I figure it is from the stress of the fight, similar to me going red in the face when I have to climb a set of stairs.

Does anyone know better?

i was told it was because they fight so hard that they break blood vessels under the skin

• 2 weeks later...

i guess it's like line caught tuna- they get a bit \"burned\"- the flesh in some parts of them is bruised and much darker when you fillet them. i'm unfortunately not an expert on catching tuna but i'm a mean sashimi chef and line caught gamefish often have areas of darkened meat from the fight.

Archived