Snub nosed dart

Swagger

4 minutes ago, Angry51 said:

Well, there you go.

I thought they only went around 3/400mm.

Nice fish, looks like it was chilly there.😮

Yeah it was chilly, had to rug up and the swell was pretty strong. Pulled like a freight train. Couple of campers came to have a look after hearing the commotion 🤣

@Swagger you must have nailed the technique down for these beasts. All I can manage at Teewah beach are swallowtail dart, bream, whiting, flatties but I am only using pippies as bait.

I'm sure the campers would have got excited (as your were) seeing you pull that in. We quite often get the 4Wd spectators stopping if they see bent rods as well.

4 hours ago, benno573 said:

i am 99% confident that is a giant oyster cracker in the photo.  awesome fish regardless mate, would have been an epic fight off the beach.  was it around some rocks in a gutter along the beach?

There was a gutter to the right but where I hooked it wouldve been a flat sand bank. All 3 were caught within 30mtrs as it was right out in front of camp on an incoming tide. About 2hrs before high tide