Post your lures

Dan23

This is funny.

My dad was at the Motackle shop in coffs yesterday and bought me one @ $39. He knew I'd want it because I believe in casting with your right and and winding with the left if you are right handed. I can't wait to try it.

I read a few things about it and they are supposed to be good. I think they probably just haven't sold many so are clearing them out.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im left handed and i could not think of anything worse than winding with your left hand. I can understand that a reel of this configuration would be better for a right hander as their stronger hand is doing all the lifting on the rod. But then again i suppose its all what you get used to.

Dan23 wrote:

Why does everyone wind with their right hand if they're right handed?

It means you have to keep changing your grip.

I'll test out the Trion at christmas and catch a jack and a Bass on it and tell you guys if it's any good.:P

It's a simple answer Dan23. More dexterity is required to wind than to lift. :)

I used to wind with my right hand until a few years ago someone pointed out that it was actually incorrect. So I trained myself to wind with my left. Now fishing is much more pleasurable because I can use my strong hand to work the lure and my weak hand to simply wind.

I have a few bait casters with right hand wind and I haven't tried a left hand wind so I'm looking forward to it.

Usually when I'm bait fishing I use right hand wing still because I'm used to it and you aren't constantly casting and retrieving.

Also for high speed metal spinning I still wind right hand because it can wind faster.

Yeah,

I've got one a couple of those timberwolf lures off magazines. Don't bother with them. The likelyhood of catching something of them is pretty remote I reckon.

That said I do recall someone saying they hooked a big salmon trolling on in the river. They didn't land it though.

Dan23 wrote:

Was cleaning up my lures after the classic and putting new Owner trebles on all my favorites when I realised my collection is getting pretty versatile.

I'd be keen to see any other member's tackle boxes to see if I'm overdoing it or whether I have a long way to go.

here's about 80% of my hard bodies. Most of them have upgraded Owner trebles now. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/lures.jpg

How you feeling Dan - a bit of work to do?:)

Dan23 wrote:

Yeah,

I've got one a couple of those timberwolf lures off magazines. Don't bother with them. The likelyhood of catching something of them is pretty remote I reckon.

That said I do recall someone saying they hooked a big salmon trolling on in the river. They didn't land it though.

they r as deadly as any other deep divers for large mouth bass

Archived