Post your lures

Dan23

Was cleaning up my lures after the classic and putting new Owner trebles on all my favorites when I realised my collection is getting pretty versatile.

I'd be keen to see any other member's tackle boxes to see if I'm overdoing it or whether I have a long way to go.

here's about 80% of my hard bodies. Most of them have upgraded Owner trebles now.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

apparently u don't favor NPD bassing. all ur lipless crankbaits have original hooks on. ha

I've only caught Flathead and Trevelley on lipless crank baits so far and they have soft mouths so don't need premium trebles. Plus Bass are the same. if I ever bother to target them at NPD again I might upgrade a few except they snag so easily it seems like a waste. Maybe Winter time.

Hahhaha good one Bommie, this is one of my favourite topics. There are a few blokes on here that have more then my little stash.

Shortie, there's not many I have not used, I take the photos when they are new. At the comp I would have used at least 15 or so, maybe more, but I only use em for a short time before changing them. the time between changes depends on water depth, wind, target species and distance needed to cast. I have been known to tie on a lure for just one cast, which sometimes is all you get in the strike zone.

I love lures and stuff.:kiss:

Man, in 10 years I reckon I'll be able to open a tackle store. I only just got back into fishing with hard bodies 5 months ago after playing around with the plastics craze for the last few few years.

I keep buying more and more expensive brands too. Hard bodied lures are really one of those things where the more you pay the better they get.

Yeah Dan same here and I agree. SP's have their place but I prefer HB's now, converted back after I left the Tweed.

My am learning to use my HB's correctly now and to use them in the correct circumstance.

IE I use floaters and suspenders when I cast into snags and at rocks so if they hit a snag I back off and they float to above the snag then I go again.

i would put mine up but the cricket is on soon..it would take me an hour to find and display them all....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cant miss the twenty twenty match.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

will do it tomorrow arvo.......

still think brian wins though....

you will need to tow another yak with your gear on it brian..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

kind regards Maxi

Archived