Back In Action

Cobiaaddict

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 29/9/2023 at 8:48 AM, Cobiaaddict said:

All, 

Boats arrived.  got held up a little on the docks for nearly a week with customs & waiting for the trailer to be ready.

N/S Marine are making a few adjustments for me regarding my layout of Yamaha gauge & GPS/Sounder combo to ensure it all fits nicely as it's a really tight squeeze on the dash.

Should be ready in around a weeks' time for water testing

Hi Josh,

I calculate that you got your new boat sometime in October and I got mine in February, four months later.

So, taking that into consideration, does that mean I’ll catch a 10kg+ tuskie by June?

Also, on a serious note, what sounder/gps did you go with?

cheers

Greg

Hi Greg,

I went Lowrance HDS 16 Live with the 3in1 Transducer as this fitted my budget and I have had Lowrance on my last 2 boats with  out any problems, plus I didn't have to relearn anything.

I looked at Garmin but it was 10k for the package & the Lowrance was only 7k. So, I put that 3k towards a lonestar anchor winch package.  

1 hour ago, Cobiaaddict said:

I looked at Garmin but it was 10k for the package & the Lowrance was only 7k. So, I put that 3k towards a lonestar anchor winch package.  

Wow price of electronics is really getting up (especially if you go Garmin).

The HDS 16 Live would look awesome on the dash 🙂. I'm happy with my dual screen setup with a HDS 12 Live (for targeting fish) and @GregOug hand me down HDS live for navigation.

On the HDS 12 - 4 way split was just a bit too small (Chart, Down, Structure, Side) but on a HDS 16 i reckon this would definitely work.

27 minutes ago, Hweebe said:

Wow price of electronics is really getting up (especially if you go Garmin).

The HDS 16 Live would look awesome on the dash 🙂. I'm happy with my dual screen setup with a HDS 12 Live (for targeting fish) and @GregOug hand me down HDS live for navigation.

On the HDS 12 - 4 way split was just a bit too small (Chart, Down, Structure, Side) but on a HDS 16 i reckon this would definitely work.

The 16 fill the dash very nicely @Hweebe and using all 4 options works ok,  normally run Sonar & chart only.

20231014_095155.jpg

5 hours ago, Cobiaaddict said:

Hi Greg,

I went Lowrance HDS 16 Live with the 3in1 Transducer as this fitted my budget and I have had Lowrance on my last 2 boats with  out any problems, plus I didn't have to relearn anything.

Good thinking 99. Stuff pulling anchors up.