Profish 45 transducer placement

Brian D

Well as you know I now have a Profish 45 (won it at the BRC 2007) and a bloody great craft it is too.

I have read the other threads about transducer placements on yaks and it appears that inside the skin is best but now need with the Profish because it has a special hole for the transducer and a special holding bay for the battery and screen.

I was thinking about silocon to hold the transducer in place because I can't bring myself to drill a hole for the bracket.

Anyone got any thoughts on that. Would silicone hold things in place?

Use sikaflex rather than normal silicone. You will find that the sounder people and most boat fitters recommend sikaflex. It is more expensive but if you keep it in the deep freeze it will store indefinately and wont go off in the tube.

Just wrap it up so the missus cant see what it is or tell her its some stuff you are hiding from the feds.

Cheers

Ray

Hey Brian Congratulations on your magnificant win mate, Well you are more than welcome to come and talk/take a look at my Profish45 i just finished It has Humminbird 787 GPS combo fitted, light, live bait tank sprayer and pump all running off a switchboard and a rod tube inside. It took a while and a whole lot of thinking but it finally done, Took it out this afternoon and well it performed surpurb.. Extremely happy! :woohoo: :woohoo: [img size=320]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/tranducer_on_yak.jpg

post-954-144598436235_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Confused wrote:

kriso wrote:
hey guys just wanna bump this topic, im about to fit my hummingbird sounder to my yak, just lookin for a close up/ clearer picture of how you guys fitted the transducer cheers for the info so far.

I could go down and snap a few close ups if you really need them krisco:)

mate that would be awesome but i dont want ya to go to any great lenghts or anything its not urgent ive got about 3 weeks up my sleves before the next paddle

with alot of help from alex, He put a bung in with a slot to fit the nuckle through and pined it with a cut down screw. Than gooped the whole lot in place, From memory we needed to trim the slot a little to get it to sit flush with the center bottom rib. Hope these help, The rest of the cable we just rolled up in the remaining hole.

Craig.

no worries mate never ever had a problem with it and ive bashed/draged it around alot works great all the time , However i do have a problem with the power cable the 2 pin style plug typical of anything american is very loosly fit and sometimes wont turn on is very frustrating anyone ever encountered this problem before?

Archived