gold coast landbased spots

charlie.hans.fishing
Go to solution Solved by Junky,

Hi all. 

My family is planning a potential trip down to the Gold Coast for a couple of nights away.

I haven't ever really fished the Gold coast before: If we were to stay in an airbnb or apartment, could I please get some recommendations on reliable spots that produce fish landbased?

I will be fishing with lures and perhaps bait but I have a little brother so preferably the spots are accessible for him so he can have a good time too. 

Thanks,

Charlie

4 hours ago, Bretto77 said:

Have not got time at the moment as I am supporting @Angry51's lifestyle of leisure. I will try and sort something for you tonight. Where abouts are you staying?

If @Kat sees this she might be able to help you out. She is leisurely today like angry 😜😜

2 hours ago, Kat said:

Do you know where you are staying yet?  Or is the location based on the advice you get about fishing spots?

1 hour ago, Junky said:

Check google earth and look for canals and waterways on the western side of the Gold Coast hwy. That the main road that runs right through the guts of surfers down to Miami. 

Look for roads going over those canals. They're all bridges. 

They're all worth a flick. 

Cheers guys. I'll take that advice.

@Kat we haven't decided on a spot to stay yet so the location will be dependent on the advice on the fishing spots. 

10 hours ago, Leeroy said:

A few safe options,

Labrador/Biggera Waters foreshore. 

Council Chambers

Cascade Gardens

Tally/Currumbin Creek

All good spots for kids.

More adventurous try any canal bridge/rock wall etc. or Emerald Lakes and Bond Uni.

Cheers Leeroy - that helps a lot.