fishing goals for 2024

AUS-BNE-FISHO

5 hours ago, mangajack said:

Just go fishing....I don't care what I catch....have PB's I will never get close to matching again so put no weight on that anymore.

I am probably the only guy in Brisbane that doesn't care if he loses a trophy fish boatside. Does not make me sad or angry or anything anymore. I do feel guilty when I get sharked though.....that fish was not on the shark's menu before I hooked it.

To be able to post a photo in the comp I guess.....today I didn't get a bite, my deckie caught a legal bream and a undersized moses perch....no crabs, no prawns.....really fabulous weather today, NOT. 6 hours on the Pine.

Was wondering if prawns were on yet

On 06/01/2024 at 1:24 PM, ellicat said:

Fish at least 50 times.

Land a big snapper on a lure/plastic.

Get some good macks.

That's pretty much my goal except instead of averaging once per week. I want to average once per month. I took the boat out only 5 times last year 😔

Fish at least 50 12 times.

Get some good macks.

Running a tally for 2024

Fishing: 1

Surfing: 0

Got a couple of fish in the shallows on the weekend with my bro. Nothing to write home about but good to get out nonetheless - last trip was early november. All on light gear and plastics. Aiming for a surf soon but not sure when with this whirlygig spinning around up north!

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, GregOug said:

I’ve already achieved my goal. How are the rest of you going?

Hmmm,

On 06/01/2024 at 1:24 PM, ellicat said:

Fish at least 50 times.

Get some good macks.

I haven't fished 50 times yet, but I am up to 14, so on target. Have got some macks that weren't too bad, but I'd like to get better. I'm waiting for winter to try to jag a big snapper on plastic.

But, with all that said, I am still behind you. Have you put your gear away until next year ? haha