Soft Plastics Storage.

Bri The Pom

Bri, get yourself a little bag to carry your plastics in, when you get a few more, get some more bags! I got a few great little zip up bags with a shoulder strap(about the size of the old video camera bags) for $3 each from Dimmey's at Deception Bay (any of the cheap discount store like overflow, crazy clarks, warehouse etc should have something similar)

Another good one is those bum bags that used to be all the rage with tourists a few years ago.

My 1st suggestion is store em in the bin:S stupid things they are.:side:

If you insist on using them I suggest keep em in the bag they come in and buy one of those esky bags and keep the packets inside the bag. This will keep the temp stable and they last longer. ;)

This is what I do but I am hoping the zipper will rust over and I won't be able to get em out. :S

Nothing wrong with SP's - just that I am over them at this time in my fishing life. But the storage bag is best way.;)

I used to buy them and take them out of the original packaging and put them into a plano worm-free container. Still not catching anything.

I started using the good kitchen storage containers for them, so they wouldn't dry out. Still not catching anything.

Then I started using the good kitchen storage containers to keep them IN THEIR ORIGINAL PACKAGING in my fishing bag. Still not catching anything.

Then I went back to using prawns. Now I catch some catfish. Occasionally.

I have an excellent, well kept collection of soft plastics though. :-)

I reckon Gulp is crap for Brisbane estuaries because the toadies chew them up. I'm lucky to get two casts out of one plastic. Squidgies still get chewed but nowhere near as much and they still catch fish. Out in the bay or down in NSW where there's less toadfish then Gulps are great.

If you can afford it though, go the Hard Bodies. :laugh:

As for storage I just cram the few packets of gulp I have into one of thos eBerkley zip up storage wallets. For all my squidgies I have a seperate tackle box with them all mixed in. That way when I'm using a lure I can dab it back in there with the rest of em every now and then and it gets the scales back on it. I find storing plastics in their packets sometimes they get bent out of shape.

• 2 months later...

I store my Gulps in an air-tight rubber sealed container. ($5 or so from woolworths)Stops them from drying out, keeps the juices in, and easy to get out. I place all the gulps i buy together in the one container. don't mix brands as the chemicals used in one can react with the other and then you'll have a ball of melted useless plastics.

Dave

iwas checking all of mine the other day and found one packet of gulps had turned into a science experiment.

the whole packet was full of this hairy looking white mould even though the packet was sealed

all i can think of was maybee they got contaminated by something on my fingers

has anyone else had anything like this happen?

Oceandonkey wrote:

u sure can mate. Also im pretty certain that a dried up gulp when placed in water will soak up the liquid and become good again.

Those that have left one on a hook before will know what im talking about, they are so hard to get off.

it works but they dont go back to the original softness. they are still quite firm, i tried it and kept it in some gulp juice and salt water for a week. worked ok for a lil while but deff not as good as a new one.

Archived