What do you do with the Tilapia and Carp?

viperon1982

I actually posted a reply regarding this on the "Lions Australia Kids Comp Kurwongbah" thread but thought I'd start a new one instead.

I know by law, we're supposed to dispose of these vermin fish immediately or bury them somewhere away from the lakes/dams. However, these fishes ARE very much edible and I find it a terrible waste for them to be thrown away.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I just realised it wasn't a good idea to talk about such stuff here. Had to censor certain words and phrases out. So yeah.. but i'm sure u guys get the point :P

fisher_90

Of coz I'd like to fish them! Just that most of the dams/lakes are quite a distance, and me being the lazy arse.. haha!

chubbstar

Thanks chubb! And I ain't kidding at that! ;)

kriso

Nah I'd have the whole fish on its own mate. Lotsa ways to cook it whole!

cowfish

If we can make the catties and rays taste fabulous, I'm pretty sure carps wouldn't be a problem at all! :lol:

viperon1982 wrote:

fisher_90

Of coz I'd like to fish them! Just that most of the dams/lakes are quite a distance, and me being the lazy arse.. haha!

It'd be easier to "buy" them from you guys coz it seems u guys do more freshwater fishing than I do!

chubbstar

Thanks chubb! And I ain't kidding at that! ;)

kriso

Nah I'd have the whole fish on its own mate. Lotsa ways to cook it whole!

cowfish

If we can make the catties and rays taste fabulous, I'm pretty sure carps wouldn't be a problem at all! :lol:

I think it would be the only way with out getting in trouble though.

viperon1982 wrote:

I actually posted a reply regarding this on the "Lions Australia Kids Comp Kurwongbah" thread but thought I'd start a new one instead.

I know by law, we're supposed to dispose of these vermin fish immediately or bury them somewhere away from the lakes/dams. However, these fishes ARE very much edible and I find it a terrible waste for them to be thrown away.

Is there a clause or loophole somewhere that would allow someone to bring them home to eat? If there is, I'd love to have a fish to help cull the population AND bring home a good feed at the same time! 2 birds with 1 stone! or make that 2 fishes with 1 hook? haha!

And I seriously wouldn't mind driving to anyone's place to collect my week's worth of lunch and dinner too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gut them and take them home to eat.

"Tilapia (Tilapia, Oreochromis and Sarotherodon spp) are declared noxious in Queensland. Two species (Oreochromis mossambicus and Tilapia mariae ) have established in Queensland. It is illegal to possess, rear, sell or buy tilapia. It is also an offence to release tilapia into Queensland waterways or to use them as bait, live or dead. Penalties up to $150 000 apply."

/>http://www2.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/1406.html

To everyone in the thread, probably best not to talk about selling and buying tilapia in a public forum:)

You're suppose to put them in a bag and into the bin, or bury them above and away from the water. Their eggs are said to be extremely hardy and can survive for quite a while outside of the water.

to be honest, tilapia's VERY GOOD EATING. personally ( and most Asian), i would rank them higher than barramundi.

well, according to the all, they should all be disposed and wasted. but that's all we can do vipron. we have to do what we r allowed to. so don't even think about eating them. i know a few mates catching and eating tilapia and carp in large numbers but i would not risk the law

Archived