live well

Hellcat Dan

i have a live well in my boat and i would like to be able to stop water recuclating and be ale to have a airater going so i dont need to worry about water over folowing into boat as some times i get it blocked i have looked at bias and bla but they say i have to use small portable airater dose any one have any ideas

I just know you have to keep the water out of those little units. We’ve gone through a few of them cause as soon as you get a bit of water in it, the batteries and the cheap components in them just corrode.

If there’s a way to widen your outlet in the live well I would say try and do that, cause it would be a lot less mucking around than an aerator and the fresh water coming in would always be the right temperature, rather than have a bucket of water with lives heat up throughout the day. I think that water temp is a big factor in keeping livies alive, especially small things like yabbies.

Joel ;)

Look up pumps live bait on the bias catalogue I have a spring 2007 edition and they are on page 41.Cheapest one is under $30.They just recirculate the water in your live well. Only problem is that they tend to block up with scales.

With my live well 2 have two 1 and 1/4 inch outlet hoses with screens to prevent them blocking and only a 1 inch inlet hose.This is the only way I was able to prevent the tank overflowing.

Cheers

Ray

with most live wells you can regulate the flow of water in it via a tap. Turn the tap lower so the overflow can handle the volume. Alternativelly make the overflow larger.

I cant see the point of airating the water when you have a perfectly good recirc setup. Screen the overflow so that scales cannot block it up..

shortie wrote:

with most live wells you can regulate the flow of water in it via a tap. Turn the tap lower so the overflow can handle the volume. Alternativelly make the overflow larger.

I cant see the point of airating the water when you have a perfectly good recirc setup. Screen the overflow so that scales cannot block it up..

I agree, Dont bother with an airaitor just modify your inflow and outflow and get it working properly, it will be much better then an airator once working.

tomcat dan wrote:

i have a live well in my boat and i would like to be able to stop water recuclating and be ale to have a airater going so i dont need to worry about water over folowing into boat as some times i get it blocked i have looked at bias and bla but they say i have to use small portable airater dose any one have any ideas
Be good to have a few photos of what you have set up mate.

Bigger diameter stand pipe or lower the height of the stand pipe (outlet pipe). Or modify the stand pipe by making vertical saw cuts from the top of it down a few inches. Or use a float switch.

Pictures will help me modify it for you.

Archived