Noosa River Fresh....

Angus

Hey Y'all.

Anyone have much experience in the Noosa fresh reaches?

I have fished up into the lakes but never anywhere I would consider bassy. Anyway plan on giving it a go sometime in the coming months so just throwing it out there.

If not much info pops up hopefully I will be able to share some soon enough.

Angus

Went to Harry's Hut a couple of years ago for a look,it looked very fishy but in the few minutes I was there I was attacked by mossies and sandflies.If planning a trip I would take heaps of spray. Also as it is remote you run the risk of vandals, for your camp and your car,while you are on the water. [but i supp thats why we pay ins] From memory there are about 16 canoe camps or stops along the way and its paddle power only after stop 2. Steptoe often writes articles I'll see if I can find one

Dino

Angus a mate off mine paul and I went up late last hear to harrys hut. It was just an exploritory trip we didnt even get there till almost 3pm. the track in is quit rough and wasnt ideal in the commo. We basically trolled most of the time trying to get as far up as we could in the couple of hours we had. I had one hookup which I lost at the yak trying to get the lip grippers into his mouth :( a good fish though in the mid forties, fought like a demand. The further you get up the better it looks and gets. If your planning a trip it should ideally be at least a 3 day trip. you can camp at designated areas as you make your way further up.

It would be an awesome camping trip to do, great looking teatree stained waters with snags galor

Lee

Feral wrote:

Should be the odd Bass in there after so many of the Lake MacDonald ones went over the wall before christmas!

lol wish that was the case feral but six mile runs straight up into the mary river juctioning just south of gympie, some guys have been cleaning up around there.

But there are massive amounts of wild fish up in the everglades :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Lee

pcsolutionman wrote:

Angus a mate off mine paul and I went up late last hear to harrys hut. It was just an exploritory trip we didnt even get there till almost 3pm. the track in is quit rough and wasnt ideal in the commo. We basically trolled most of the time trying to get as far up as we could in the couple of hours we had. I had one hookup which I lost at the yak trying to get the lip grippers into his mouth :( a good fish though in the mid forties, fought like a demand. The further you get up the better it looks and gets. If your planning a trip it should ideally be at least a 3 day trip. you can camp at designated areas as you make your way further up.

It would be an awesome camping trip to do, great looking teatree stained waters with snags galor

Lee

Good to know Lee.

I think Ill still have an explore up there. And then maybe it if it goes sweetly organise a 3 days trip.

So from what you said you got a 2WD in there? Just not at 100km per hour? I have read convflicting views of this. Seems though the more recent reports indicate the road, while not sealed is managable without the 4wd...

Angus

Dan23 wrote:

pcsolutionman wrote:
yeh you can do it in a 2wd just wouldnt go if there had been a heap of rain. its slow going the last 10-15klms though, only averaged about 20-25klms hour

Lee

That's probably 10kms/h for the average driver lol:laugh:

come on mate like everything else your like a big Girl:P when it comes to driving lol, my 75 year old nan drives quicker than u :blink: :blush: :blush:

Lee

Archived