AFO footy tipping comp

kriso

ellicat wrote:

Updated list. Please let me know if you've paid and you're not marked accordingly:)

Ash PAID

Angus PAID

benno573 PAID

jimmybob PAID

bootyinblue PAID

brisbane_boy_0 PAID

buzzid PAID

chubbstar PAID

Cowfish13 PAID

DeathRay PAID

Dnepr

ellicat PAID

Feral PAID

fishyman

jeff f PAID

jmac PAID

Kriso PAID

kronky13

megmat PAID

nastymind PAID

pcsolutionman PAID

plastic man PAID

reelchippy PAID

shortie PAID twice

TanyaGorrie PAID

TerryH PAID

thehock

Tom B13 PAID

troy_79 PAID

webbfunk PAID

Dnepr pm not read - email sent

fishyman .....

kronky13 pm not read - email sent

thehock pm not read - email sent

If anyone knows or has any off-site communications with these guys it would be appreciated if you could mention it.

I can understand those people that have not read their PM's or email but for those that have had direct communication with Ellicat over this and still not paid. SHAME.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't been able to get a response from a few so I'll call it that the way it is.

Don't bother hassling the non payers please, no doubt they have their reasons etc, and not much point in ruining the thread any more.

The thing now is to figure what to do with the collections - $125.

Cumbrian (the winner) has said to give it away to somewhere with fishing and kids in mind.

I've had some pm's from people with suggestions, so I thought I'd throw it out to the masses for suggestions to see if we can settle on something. Would like to see it finalised over the next week.

What's your suggestion ?

I second the BRC kids prize idea. Its what groups and clubs are all about, and that is to give back for the benefit of the group. A big pic on the homepage of someones kid holding up a prize with a grin from ear to ear makes the $5 entry fee seem all the more worth it!

Ps. I hope the entry forms for the BRC are suitably screened!

cumbrian wrote:

My original reason for donating the prize was for it to go towards helping kids who are less fortunate - regardless of race - donate it to the PRFMA, if it puts a handfull more bass in Kurwongbah then it's something for everyone.

Stu.

and you where the winner so you have final say i reckon. what about the childrens hospital christmas appeal, surely we can agree that there a good cause, i would rather my kid be alive and not fish then what some of the poor little buggers go through in there.

will then as creator of the comp childrens hospital it is, please refrain from sooking if you dont agree as you will look stupid. cumbrian wins so he says where it goes. Also good on you mate for donating the prize as i know if i new i was getting that much money i wouldnt of thought about other people then myself, your a top bloke.

Also i would like to thank Brian (ellicat) for his help with the comp your a top bloke too mate!

Next year will be the same $5 entry- you will be required to pay this before round 5 our you will be expelled from the comp. emails will go out nice and early.

One question though, will we play winner takes the cash or are we going to man up like cumbrian and winner picks the charity they would like the money to go too?

my choice is the charity option

Charity option is for me too. With the winner nominating the charity of choice. I have a particular one in mind for when I win ;-)

Hopefully it might make the non payers feel a little more guilty too that they have cheated not a fellow fisho, but a kid out of a little bit of joy!

Brian below is a print screen of some extra money to cover for those who are tight asses and cant chip in the money regardless of the cause!

Your transfer was successful

From Account 1029079S1 - G J BOOTH

To BSB Number 084100 - NAB

Account ******** - BRIAN ELLIS

Reference

Reference (to Appear on Statement) Extra $10 for charity

Amount $10.00

When This transaction has been processed

Details Transaction Date/Time 23 OCT 2008 - 12:21pm

Receipt Number 446927092 To be created

All righty - the Childrens Hospital it is.

With Booty's extra 10 and Shortie's extra $5 that makes $140 collected. Extra cheers boys.:) :)

I'll suss out how to give it to them and finalise it soon.

(PS I'll hold the receipt so everyone can claim it on their tax return;) )

Archived