G'day from Brisbane South Side

kelkhesha

Hello AFO!!!,

I joined up a while back, but lost track of time and forgot to revisit the site:blush: :blush: . Thankfully my good mate biggles reminded me that it was here and what a great site it is so I thought I would jump on and introduce myself at last.

My name is James and I live on the Brisbane south side. I am into fishing for bream, bass, barra, jacks, flatties, murray cod, freshwater trout and, and , and.....you know what I mean, I just love fishin!!

I mainly fish from a kayak, but jump at any chance to head out in mates boats as the opportunity arises:woohoo:

I enjoy all forms of fishing, lures, placcies, fly and have found a recent interest in the wonders of baitfishing. I want to start learning more about fishing livies, and I hope to learn plenty from everyone here.

I look forward to sharing a tale or two, and one day a beer or ten with anyone who's interested:laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, take care, and talk soon.

Cheers

ellicat wrote:

Welcome aboard kelkhesha. Always something happening or being organised.

Most unusual to hear someone going from lures to bait. Feels like I'm in an anti-world hahaha:P

thanks for the welcome guys!! Yeah, I know lures to bait is a bit backwards. I grew up on the south coast chasing perch (what we now know as bass and estaury perch) on the old wobblers as a kid. And the humble bream on lure was considered a by catch back then:laugh:

Walking the little creeks throwing an old timber wobbler around was pretty much all I did unless I went in a canoe for something different. As time went on, I moved to fly and then plastics, and now I have kids I have done a turn around and want to learn the ancient art of bait:)

I will still do all methods, but how good is it just to soak a prawn with your kids at toe??? I love it

Welcome aboard, I'm keep seeing yaks everywhere at the moment. I'm close to going over just to get some better angles on the shore...and maybe lose a few kg. Good luck with the baits, although it was due to this site that I started using plastics and then hardbodies after being a bait boy for 20 years...ah well.

geez, biggles wasnt joking when he told me how many yakkers were on this forum!! Great stuff!! Its good to see a variety of fishing styles on the one forum intergrating together and sharing information.

We all will have to get together one day when it stops raining and catch a few fish, show off afew rigs and share some tips or three...............over a cold beer of course:laugh:

Hi there Kelk.....that yak of your looks like an amazing craft, nice set up.

When you say grew up south side chasing EP and bass which rivers are you referring to. I have a fascination with the Albert at the moment. Can you offer some stories?

About the EP's, are they the Logan River Perch that look like a jew or the real EP's that look like a bass? I ask because I hear stories of the LRP's in past days being in plauge proportions. Any truth?

Sorry about the 20 questions but I've only been hear about 10 years and the last 6 have been in drought so I got lots to learn.

Na, South Coast mate (NSW) fishing the shoalhaven, Kangaroo, and Tuross rivers and their tributaries. I havnt done alot on the brisbane south side rivers, but have done a couple of upstream adventures. You will get wild bass in the upper reaches of ll the rivers between here and the tweed, good size ones at that if you think about the cast. Get yourself any hard body lure designed for bass, and make sure it is a floating type with a shallow bib. You need this type as you will be casting into the banks in fairly shllow water. This is the only requirments for our south side rivers upper stretches. Colour doesnt matter too much

Archived