Easter at Somerset.

vonny

G'day to all.

Off to Somerset for Easter and need some advice.

I am predominantly a salt water fisherman. I have been looking over the internet, (and this site), about tips for fishing Somerset. I have a good selection of rods from bait casters to beach rods, a plethora of lures. I will be putting in some Red Claw pots also. Any hints for this waterway, including sugesting spots to try for both boat and land would be appreciated.

Cheers to all

Vonny, its all new, the dam has not been this full in over five years, people will have forgotten the good spots from that long ago!

But you can head up towards the Stanley if you would like to fish the snags (lots of timber) or head down around Queen street for some snags and deep water fishing, plenty of banks from there down to the wall if you want to cast at the banks.

• 2 weeks later...

mate if you are camping at kirkliegh (now somerset holiday park) be prepared to pay $27 a day for a unpowered campsite, which is where ever you find a flat spot, or $38 a day for a powered site which covers 2 adults 2 kids under 15 and 1 car, extra cars are $4, adults are $10 & kids $5 a day(peak season) also bring your own firewood or you will have to pay $10 for a small bag of mostly green wood:S

I should add that the people running the place are very nice people, just that I think it is overpriced for unpowered campsite

yeah i booked and paid over the phone they recently increased the prices.

I too have been sucked into buying one of those bags of firewood camping at neurum creek. Thought it would be a good idea to cook dinner on the fire. Theres no way you could start a fire with that stuff, wet and green.

Archived