Banned accounts

shortie

Just a suggestion guys. When a new account signs up and they have tp put in an email address for confirmation of the account you need to exclude hotmail and yahoo, g mail accounts. This will stop people getting a new email account to register with.

Yes i know this can effect some of the youngsters with only these accounts but im sure using their parents account can only be a good thing as then their parents also know what they a signing up for.

Richard.

The thing I cant understand is if they like the site that much, Why start trouble? or be racist etc etc etc in the first place..

But what realy blows me away, they come back under a different name and post the same crap, start trouble, be racist etc etc again:blink:

I mean HELLO!! Idiot wasn't you kicked off for that before?

What makes you think that you'll get away with it now?

Wake up, Admin and members dont need your crap... The site dont need your crap....If crap is all you have to offer?

GO TO ANOTHER SITE!!!!!

I promise we wont miss you or your crap.

My 2c worth.:blush:

Jayson

One thing I fond interesting at work (because I work for the State Government), you can always tell what sites the IT Nazis watch, because they never get banned. (You are only allowed to use the internet for work purposes, so sites judged recreational are banned).

They look at every site you visit,and usually within a day or two of accessing a site they dont like, it is banned. For instance they banned the Jason travel guide site after I used it twice. I had to write an epic epistle describing that as I travel a lot for Work, I need to look at the site to book accommodation, then I had to get it signed by our Executive Director then submit it for consideration. I got access back 6 weeks later. But only me, no one else can access it.

Now the interesting thing is one of the blokes that works with me is looking at the AFO site all the time during the day, but it has not been banned! So obviously one of the IT Nazi's likes to look at the site to and keeps it accessible!

I have been using yahoo for years . The main reason is that I dont have to contact everyone when I change carriers. When I change carriers I do now even bother activating their email account.I wouldnt have a clue how to get into my current pig pond account.Isnt it possible to just monitor the ip address and automatically ban it.

Cheers

Ray

We have considered banning the majority of free email accounts to minimise the few people who disrupt the site for everyone else. It is beyond our reasoning why if they dont follow the site's Terms of Use (which to the most part is simple good manners and common sense) they are surprised and 'angry' at our decision. We strive to create a friendly atmosphere on the site and ask that everyone report inappropriate use of the site so we can act promptly and accordingly.

Also we do welcome suggestions for the continual improvement of the site, so if you have an idea we will look to pop it on our to do list.

rayke1938 wrote:

I have been using yahoo for years . The main reason is that I dont have to contact everyone when I change carriers. When I change carriers I do now even bother activating their email account.I wouldnt have a clue how to get into my current pig pond account.Isnt it possible to just monitor the ip address and automatically ban it.

Cheers

Ray

I dont think your account is is Danger Ray.:laugh:

I reckon just new accounts.

Feral wrote:

One thing I fond interesting at work (because I work for the State Government), you can always tell what sites the IT Nazis watch, because they never get banned. (You are only allowed to use the internet for work purposes, so sites judged recreational are banned).

They look at every site you visit,and usually within a day or two of accessing a site they dont like, it is banned. For instance they banned the Jason travel guide site after I used it twice. I had to write an epic epistle describing that as I travel a lot for Work, I need to look at the site to book accommodation, then I had to get it signed by our Executive Director then submit it for consideration. I got access back 6 weeks later. But only me, no one else can access it.

Now the interesting thing is one of the blokes that works with me is looking at the AFO site all the time during the day, but it has not been banned! So obviously one of the IT Nazi's likes to look at the site to and keeps it accessible!

Feral, You may want to delete your references to the IT Nazi before he reads it;) :P :ohmy:

I just reckon monitoring IP addresses should do it shouldn’t it? If they are stupid enough to cause trouble, chances are they wont have enough brain power to change their IP address or set up a rolling IP, so it’ll be the same for every account they make. Unless they still have dial-up :laugh:

Joel ;)

webmaster wrote:

We have considered banning the majority of free email accounts to minimise the few people who disrupt the site for everyone else. It is beyond our reasoning why if they dont follow the site's Terms of Use (which to the most part is simple good manners and common sense) they are surprised and 'angry' at our decision. We strive to create a friendly atmosphere on the site and ask that everyone report inappropriate use of the site so we can act promptly and accordingly.

Also we do welcome suggestions for the continual improvement of the site, so if you have an idea we will look to pop it on our to do list.

That's an interesting idea webby and could work, provided that: school aged fishos indeed do have legal address to use, uni aged fishos could use their uni email, working class can use their work address, and the last lot of users could use their ISP email address. If they don't fit into any of the above, they probably don't have access to the internet! That said if anyone fools into a loop hole where they don't have a non-free address they can use, speak up as I think it would be a great idea to filter out some of our serial vermin!:angry:

vvwolfB)

werewolf wrote:

webmaster wrote:

That's an interesting idea webby and could work, provided that: school aged fishos indeed do have legal address to use, uni aged fishos could use their uni email, working class can use their work address, and the last lot of users could use their ISP email address. If they don't fit into any of the above, they probably don't have access to the internet! That said if anyone fools into a loop hole where they don't have a non-free address they can use, speak up as I think it would be a great idea to filter out some of our serial vermin!:angry:

vvwolfB)

I'll probably have a bit of a problem here. I only have Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail accounts. :(

Oh I know! I'll just probably use my wife's addies. She's got all our utility bills under her name including all the email addies.

Hard to be second in command. :laugh:

I agree that we should weed them all out.

EMP wrote:

I'll probably have a bit of a problem here. I only have Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail accounts. :(

Oh I know! I'll just probably use my wife's addies. She's got all our utility bills under her name including all the email addies.

Thats the sort of problem we need to hear about. I'm guessing you could for example use your wife's account for activation, and they use a freeby account once registered?

Yes, Werewolf. Either that or just maintain a borrowed email address if the wife wouldn't mind.

In my case she wouldn't as I man of strong will. :P

werewolf wrote:

EMP wrote:

Thats the sort of problem we need to hear about. I'm guessing you could for example use your wife's account for activation, and they use a freeby account once registered?

Biggles wrote:

An interesting site for internet protocol, don't forget to turn your speakers on.

/>http://www.funnieststuff.net/viewmovie.php?ad_key=AVBITMWPQACE&tracking_id=919429&id=722

Regards

Al

Yeh, that was funny. LOL.

hahaha!

Great, Al.

Archived