Car speaker troubles.

Mack_attack

I own a Subaru liberty GX 1997 and unfortunately one of the front door speakers has decided to slowly die on me.:( At present it makes a small crackling noise while playing music or even listening to the radio and seems to be gradually getting worse.:dry: Just wondering if there is anyone on this site that knows approximately how much it would cost to replace the speaker or get it fixed?:) Oh, by the way I don't listen to music too loud.....for most of the time anyway:P

I know this has nothing to do with fishing but i'm sure there is someone on this site that would have the knowledge to give me an answer.

all input appreciated.

yeah Mackie - just search some car forums or search engine on "how to" for taking your door off from your car. Liberty '97 is a car a few people have so there should be some instructions. Once you have the door off, its easy as unscrewing the old speakers, pulling the wires off, then either re-seating the wires onto the new ones, or re-soldering them (test before soldering :) )

But yeah I did my own, the first door took 2 hours, the next door took only half an hour. Massive learning curve.

if ya get to me i will do it for nothin as if you do one side while i do the other (just copy me its simple as) will take 10mins just make sure you get speakers the same size. also dont go for high powered ones unless your going to boost the power supply or they will sound crap.

Mackie - you're super close to me mate. I've got 3 mates that live in the 'burb and I'm always driving around there.

Yeah sorry.. didn't mean the entire door, just meant the trim.

Hit up WOW at Ipswich Rd and just have a looksie at what specials they have at the time. Check the net or your owners manual for the size of your speaker. Purchase and install.

I'm really close to the Muddy Farmer so if you want a hand give me a yell. I'm not a pro, but 2 extra hands will make the work easier. Its also a rewarding feeling to know you've done it yourself as well :)

Archived