Hinze Dam arvo session.

bretto

Got to the water tower at about 3.30pm and headed out for a paddle with the wife and neighbour until dark. I tried trolling deeper diving lures than usual for a change today but had no luck. zzzi swapped back to the usual lures and picked up one very small bass.

Whilst I took a few pics i saw a bit of movement along the weeds down into the bay so I tied on a heddon tiny torpedo and flicked it in and was greated by a hit from what I thought was a small saratoga but the hooks didn't set. :blink: I worked the lure back to about 2 metres from my yak and saw a toga that was not so small following the fizzer but it wouldn't make a move. It soon turned back to the bank and I saw that it was about 70cm+ :woohoo:

We headed to the opposite bank and fished the shallow weedbeds. On arrival I saw a bass take a bug off the surface so I had a cast in and I hooked up what was a new pb.

A 44cm Bass :lol: :lol:

We soon headed back and the wife and neighbour were not as happy as they got nothing today but it was a beautiful day on the dam.

[img size=368]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/bassy01.JPG

Hungry Little Bass

post-2675-144598449382_thumb.jpg

Brian D wrote:

bretto wrote:

Gezz Brett that's a healthy looking fish.

Is that a HRF Daiwa?

I wish brian. It is just an etchlon mate.:) Does the job though. Handled the bass really well and the drag is smooth as but I'll wait and see how it goes in the future.

Woops Brett, I bagged them on another thread. I have one and it is stuffed but it has been through a lot,namely: an eagle picked up my surface lure when I was taking a photo of teh bird and next thing I know I see the rod and reel disappearing into the sky like a rocket. Lucky he dropped the lure and it was a floater because it floated to the surface and I hand lined the spool back to retrieve a muddy salty rod and reel. It's never been the same since.

Mind you I have loaded it with 20lb fireline and caught a few sharks with it so I shouldn't judge it too hashly. That's after a week at Lenthals casting 1000's of barra lures.

I should say I got my $$$ worth out of it but I should have kept it for what it is meant for, bass fishing.

Brian D wrote:

Woops Brett, I bagged them on another thread. I have one and it is stuffed but it has been through a lot,namely: an eagle picked up my surface lure when I was taking a photo of teh bird and next thing I know I see the rod and reel disappearing into the sky like a rocket. Lucky he dropped the lure and it was a floater because it floated to the surface and I hand lined the spool back to retrieve a muddy salty rod and reel. It's never been the same since.

Mind you I have loaded it with 20lb fireline and caught a few sharks with it so I shouldn't judge it too hashly. That's after a week at Lenthals casting 1000's of barra lures.

I should say I got my $$$ worth out of it but I should have kept it for what it is meant for, bass fishing.

I have had a few issues with the level wind but after taking it apart giving it a clean and lube it came good again. It is a cheap reel but has a much higher quality than others in the same price bracket I have found. It seems to handle the bass well and that is pretty much what I use it for :) If I could afford it I would upgrade but gotta get a profish first mate:lol:

Archived