jew last night!

James W

well last night myself and my dad (grub) hit the river...dad had it in his head to chase a salmon as all he has heard is that they are on the go at the mouth of boggy creek...a late start saw us arrive at 7pm...the forst hour n a half saw nothing but giant catfish(some would be the biggest i have caught in the river) and a few rays...years n years ago we used to fish the sunken wall for bream so we decided to give it a go..we havent been there together in bout 15 yrs!...so the ussual just legal bream were coming in one after the other(all released) when dads light surf rod(he is old schoolB) ) went off....rod loaded and alvey screaming along the rock wall and then in to the deeper water he began to chuckle as he said "jewie!"..i was praying for a ray as i hate losing to the old man...this fish put up a great fight and once boatside i slipped the net under her and it was his......quite funny to see dads face when he looked at me once he had her in his arms..he was like a teenager...do have pics but still waiting for him to email me them so i can post them up...i reckon it would be bout 80-85cm long and maybe 3.5kg?...and dad was even kind enough to give me a fillet to take..thanx dad...so tomorrow night the bbq has a date with some jew and chilli sandcrab..(managed to land a few good sandies too)..hope to post the pics soon...

Archived