mud island 14/4/08

Troy_79

hey guys, my mate decided to take me to his secret spot around the mud island area this morning, so i had my first sickie of the year and we headed out at first light.

The first hour was fairly quiet just a couple of small bream and a tiny squire caught on sp's, so we both changed to bait i was using pillies and mullett and caught 3 tailor and i bream.

After about 30min of nothing my mate got slammed on the squid:woohoo: and after a bloody good fight he pulled in a very nice squire or so i think it is. it has all the markings of a snapper but the colours seem wrong but i'll put it up and u guys can tell me if it is or not. i've never caught or been with someone who has caught one this size so i was so excited when he pulled it in,

We had it for dinner tonight and holy crap it was bloody beautiful my favourite eating fish so far.

Saw a couple of guys out in there yaks aswell dont know if it was anyone from here but man i would be shitting myself if i was out that far in the bay in a yak:)

cheers, troy [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/fish_AFO.jpg

post-618-144598453747_thumb.jpg

ZooT wrote:

Nice size Squire, Hope your BOSS doesnt visit this site :laugh:

Yeh hope not:) it was worth it anyway, i was going to have a sickie on friday and spend all day fishing but today was to good to miss, anyway i have heaps of sick days owing maybe friday i'll come down with food poisoning;)

Captain Stabin wrote:

Snapper, a lot of Snaps in the Bay dont seem to develope a Bump on there melon yet you can get a Snap half the size of a Bay Snap offshore and it will have a lump.

Great fish in anyones language

Apparently MSQ require snaps to have sonar when heading offshore.:dry:

ellicat wrote:

ellicat wrote:
Well worth the sickie mate:woohoo:

Like Cowfish said - Snapper and squire are the same thing. (It's common to refer to small snapper as squire)

Just re-read that. I didn't mean it's not a good fish :pinch::blush:

I'd be stoked.:)

yeah he was, i was very jealous. should have got some photos with me holding the fish and pretended i caught it:)

Archived