yabbie pumping???

benno89

There were these big flats systems where we used to go and there was a walking track I think. Sorry that's about as accurate as I can give you:blush: When I went I was young and I havn't been for a very long time so I don't really remember too much.

You can use them where you caught them because the fish in that area will be looking to feed on those yabbies. But they will be just as effective in other areas

Sorry for the lack of directions, but I honestly can't remember exactly where we got them from. I'm sure someone else on this forum will be able to help out more:)

Benno,

Even though I've not pumped for yabbies there I'm assuming Cowfish is referring to the north bank of the mouth of the river at Nudgee.

If you download Google Earth you'll find it easily. You can park and walk along a track (in a southerly direction) to get to some sandbanks at the mouth of the river/creek.

I've been wanting to fish there but haven't had time yet... Might check out the tides and give it a shot this weekend.

Dnepr

Lota.

In the map attached. Circle on the left is where to park, thin red line is where to walk, big circle on the right is the end of the main sandbank that you can pump from. Sometimes its really good, othertimes it'll take around half an hour for 50. If you walk along where the thick red arrow points, you'll find some smaller patches of mud that aren't ever pumped so you may get a better strike rate there.

Good luck. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/lota_AFO.jpg

post-873-144598454155_thumb.jpg

well couldnt help my self guys lol, ended up going down to the nudgee flats this arvo and pumped quiet a few yabbies, a few massive one aswell. then i walked a bit further round from were i pumped them to this cool little sand bar, oonly mannaged a few whiting nothing to big. will be heading bak for a longer time next time lol

werewolf wrote:

Dnepr, just for your info www.maps.google.com is gives you 95% of what Google Earth does, and as you run it straight through a web browser, you don't need to install anythingB)

werewolf,

yeah... I've seen Google Maps but I have ended up using Google Earth because I can mark out each little fishing expedition with remarks.

In the Properties option I give more detail like tides, time of day, bait used, etc so I can fly around in future and see the green icons (ones I want to go back to), blue ones (one's I'm not so fussed about) and ? Marks (places I still want to fish).

I've got about 100 locations around SEQ at the moment... looking for more. :blink:

... but you're right... Google Maps still offers a lot for what it does. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DWB.jpg

Oh... HAHAHA.... the remarks I've made on this screen of Google Earth may or may not be factual. I might have just made some stuff to illustrate what I mean... It's DWB... maybe I've never caught anything there.

:S

post-2465-144598454161_thumb.jpg

Archived