Sat Night26th=Jew Attack!

Ash

Saturday night ill be heading out in search of Jewies! Now that i have a secret weapon (i now know how to use a cast net for livies) I hope to get a couple thats for sure!

Ill be hitting up my bream spot first with some of those new lures that have hit the afo shop. That'll be a nice little warm up. Also will be going there to get the livies. This place explodes with activity at dusk. From there I'll be going to SPOT X!!!!!!!:ohmy: :ohmy:

Just jokes, ill be going to either sunken wall or some awesome holes along the Kangaroo Point Cliffs, see how i feel at the time.

My crew for this expedition as it stands is Ash(Me, Captain)Ausboy(George) and Angus(Angus). The crew list is, of coaurse, pending sickness,weather & (meow) whipping. Hope pics of our conquests will be on the site Sunday!

Mick harrington is a great spot to fish for jewies......;)

Mate if u havent fished the wall there before here some tips...

First head up to crowdy head to where the trawlers are moored in the bay behide the co-op and jig for ya live bait using a bait jig. Transport them back to harrington to the carpark right on the water front near the lagoon. Now head to your right(to the ocean) along the walls footpath untill the concrete stops and the dirt track starts(look for a really big rock on the leftside of the wall), stop there and deploy livies. The best time for that area is at the end of the runout tide maybe an hour before it turns or other wise u will never keep ya baits on the bottom. Dont throw way out as they hang just at ya feet only a few metres from the wall. From an underwater perspective there is a few smaller bommies just out abit that have deep gutters right behind them that looks alot like steps and this is where they hang. Also if ya cant get livies use prerigged 6inch shadtail minnows in natural colour. Now if that fails head back to crowdy and fish the left hand side break wall using squashed mullet heads and big hooks!! You never know what u might get there!!!

hope this helps

Good luck Ash and crew!!!

Dazzamcgee wrote:

Mick harrington is a great spot to fish for jewies......;)

Mate if u havent fished the wall there before here some tips...

First head up to crowdy head to where the trawlers are moored in the bay behide the co-op and jig for ya live bait using a bait jig. Transport them back to harrington to the carpark right on the water front near the lagoon. Now head to your right(to the ocean) along the walls footpath untill the concrete stops and the dirt track starts(look for a really big rock on the leftside of the wall), stop there and deploy livies. The best time for that area is at the end of the runout tide maybe an hour before it turns or other wise u will never keep ya baits on the bottom. Dont throw way out as they hang just at ya feet only a few metres from the wall. From an underwater perspective there is a few smaller bommies just out abit that have deep gutters right behind them that looks alot like steps and this is where they hang. Also if ya cant get livies use prerigged 6inch shadtail minnows in natural colour. Now if that fails head back to crowdy and fish the left hand side break wall using squashed mullet heads and big hooks!! You never know what u might get there!!!

hope this helps

Good luck Ash and crew!!!

Thanks Dazza great info... I have fished the wall a few times but always for Tailor... done well too..

Would the tailor and or salamon be there now ??

Nossman wrote:

Just a question....? since u mentioned kangaroo point . Is fishing off the bank at kanga point productive for jew also?

Not sure mate, never fished off there myself and those that ive spoken too have always gotten their jewie by boat. That being said, there are a few nice holes quite close to the land there so i dont see why not. Strong current would be annoying though.

yeah dazza i was more talking about the effect of keeping the bait were you want it if land based. I remember my last attempt land based attempt at the brissy, kept on haveing to use either a stinking big sinker or continually recast my bait!

ill be fishing from a boat so ill take all tides, weak or strong!:laugh:

Archived