Metal Heads

Terry H

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ellicat wrote:

jeff f wrote:
ok metal heads can anyone help me out with the name of the funkmetal band that the bass player out of megadeath formed as a side project back in the late '90s

they did a track called violent and funky

Infectious Grooves (?)

thats the one thanks elli,gotta love psyco myko, real vocals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqKouuAl75o

I.m a big metal fan,

But never heard of most of the bands you blokes are talking about.

I'm into

Judas Priest

Motorhead

Led Zeplin

Iron Maiden

Black Sabbath

was pretty indistinct with Heavy Rock in my day, so Deep Purple, ACDC, Poison etc were also sometimes called heavy metal as well as hard or heavy rock.

So any of you young blokes reckon any of the bands you named are similar in sound to my "golden oldies" let me know and I'll fire up frostwire and have a listen!

feral if ya like madien..u may like killswitch engage....i think they are heavily influenced by madien...

im a big fan of brisbane metal hey... hollow are the greatest metal band in australia in my book and brissy boysB) ..other local heavy bands that are worth a listen

d-9

wish 4 wings

bone saw

state of integrity

sunk loto

sub inc

post life disorder

sukkuth......ah metal...its the only way...but without all those bands feral mentioned...we would all be listening to rap:P \m/

rumrunner wrote:

i listen to mainly mainstreme death metal and vintage metal!

there is no way anyone can say screaming isnt a talent!

anyone with good dry lung vocals is a ledgend in my book!

my idles are Burton c Bell from fear factory

Ian

burton is a ledgend in my book too mate;) ..cant remember how many times ive moshed to fear factory...one of my fav of all time!

jimmybob wrote:

fishyman wrote:
yay embeded 2 videos

first one is ash's recording of as i lay dying att soundwave, second one is the song that got my into hardcore/metal

did ya manage to catch divine heresey at sound wave?...brutal as!..love it

we walked past when they were playing but they were on when another band i wanted to see was on so didnt stay

haha this thread reminded me of the bus trip to state trials at golf. riding in teh bus with my Mp3 in my ear. (this is back in the day about a yera ago) someone asks "what music you into" and i replied.

"melodic death metal"

man i got some weird looks haha. now im nore into what most of you would call emo haha and acoustic with occasional hradcore/metal moments

Jordan wrote:

are you going to splendor or any other of their other gigs joel?

Yeh mate I'm very keen to go to splendor. Heaps of my mates are going so yeh. Tickets come on sale next month I think it is.

And yeh I'm hopefully going to see The Presets at the Tivoli, and then Angus and Julia Stone are plaing there some time as well so that would go off.

Joel ;)

kriso wrote:

oh and for aussie stuff cant go past a bit of butterfly effect! i have met the bass player at a few parties now he's a champ!

There is a heavy metal band called "butterfly effect":blink: .

Geez what are the youth of today coming to? Although I suppose in my day Kiss were dubbed as "Heavy Metal" by some.:S

jimmybob wrote:

fishyman wrote:
yay embeded 2 videos

first one is ash's recording of as i lay dying att soundwave, second one is the song that got my into hardcore/metal

did ya manage to catch divine heresey at sound wave?...brutal as!..love it

They were awesome.

And they confirmed my suspicions as to why hippos have sex under water.

Anyone see howard jones huge stage dive ? Insane.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived