Late arvo Coochin bash

pcsolutionman

Decided to go give coochin a bash this afternoon at about 3pm, I decided to put in in at a spot in mellum creek which has easy access and launch then head back about 300m to the fork with coochin. anyway got there unloaded the yak set everything up, first thing I noticed was how clear the water was compared to the last few trips. I had a good Meter plus of visibility even from yak hight. I got the camera out to take a pic of the launch site once I was in the yak turned it on only to have it say please insert SD card :angry: :angry: dam I had left the bloody card int he card reader, its bloody terrys fault lol I took it out to show him a pic of his finished rod :blush: :blush: oh well not oging back for it. to make it worse its one of the only cameras that doesnt have any internal memory. so not pics guys sorry. I put an sx 40 out and started a troll towards coochin and 2 mins later I was on to a decent fish, got him yak side to see a nice flatty lip gripped him a quick measure and back he went, measured 54.5cm not a bad start. got to the coochin creek junction and :blink: :blink: :blink: that wasnt there before lol, a Tree about 6-7ft across had fallen across the creek:angry: :angry: oh well have to drag the yak over i thought. I peddled towards the tree which was in about 3ft of water and had more tree out of the water than in it lol. got close and saw 3 little bullys about 80-90cm swimming around, I parked along side the log and jumped up onto it and man there wasnt 3 Bullies with a better view up high counted 9 or 10 the biggest around 1M Wow I thought have to get a pic of that ooops no Card lol. oh well. I sat watching them for a couple of minutes they were working together herding mullet up against the fallen tree and attacking them :woohoo: :woohoo: feisty little buggers. I chucked a spinnerbait in at them had a couple follow it and one had a swipe but no hookup, pulled the yak over the log and continued towards the fresh in the hope of a Bass. nothing for a few klms until I cast a purple Spinnerbait in under a fallen Tree and bang im on :woohoo: :woohoo: and it feels like a very solid fish it stripped quite a few meters of my little pixy then I got sight of it a bloody fork tail catty :angry::blink: :ohmy: not what I wanted but killed the boredom for the minute, he was a big fish went around 70cm. released and back into it a few minutes later it was starting to get dark so started my way back casting a black jitterbug into every little nook and cranny, but nothing :angry: until it was almost totally dark back just into mellum again I saw a nice splash cast the jitterbug in a couple of cranks and got smashed, he went straight for his snag straight away, finally pulled him out and got him close to the yak turned the head torch on to see RED yep a nice little jack, pulled him onboard got a quick measure and back he went, for the record he went 33cm. that was it for the fish. got back to the launch site and packed up and back home

thanks for reading sorry about no pics

Lee

Shrimpo wrote:

Cool, And also on that road into the boatramp at Coochin Creek, Approximately where is the boatramp, Is it near the mouth of the creek or back a bit?

the ramp is about 4klms from the mouth of coochin with the passage, the mellum creek junction with coochin is about another 3-4ks from the ramp

Lee

Dinodadog wrote:

Lee sounds like a good little paddle, I have been up coochin several times but yet to get a bass, I only seem to get flathead near the boat ramp and est cod right up past the camp site. Have you got any bass there before.

Yes Dino have caught bass in both coochin and mellum creek bu way way further up than the camp site, its still full salt there, you need to get up into the skinny snag infested water, some of the creek is narrower than my yak

Lee

Archived