threadfin stil on the chew in west end

brisfisher

hi all,

got a call from the boss bout 5ish sayin the machine that i operate has carked it(could have been my fault:blush:)n that i wont have to come to work today...yes!!!!:woohoo: got strait outta bed n got the gear ready n was at west end by 6.it looked perfect,tide was on the rise, plenty of schools of mullet were scattering all over the place and not much boat traffic or rowers.managed to round up a dozen herring within a few casts n the livies were in the water asap. while the livies were havin a swim i tied on a pearl watermelon powerbait and began workin over the sand bank with no luck within the first hour until i heard...zzzzzzzzzzz the livie was nailed, grabbed the rod n set the hooks,hmmm didnt feel too special but had a bit of weight to it:dry: turned out to be a big pike eel:angry: tried to lift him in...ping,dam was planning to use him as shark bait.oh well,i re-rigged n put another herring out for a swim while doing this my other rod had a run but by the time i got there...nothing:( the livies went a bit quiet from then onwards apart from the occasional catfish:angry:while waitin for the livies to go off i kept working the sand bank n the deeper water behind it in hope of something to spot my plastic in the murkey water,i tried everything changing plastics,varying my retrive,wth scent/without scent then i felt a solid bump,paused for a moment nah musta hit a snag i thought n continued to work the plastic then...BANG!!!zzzzzzzzzzzzzz line was peeling off at a good rate n only on 4lb braid the struggle began instantly,tryin to keep him from heading under the jettie n away from the many snags but after a solid fight he began to tire;)slowly the leader appeared,yes not long now i thought then zzzzzzz took one last run for cover but managed to keep him away from the pilons:unsure: finally here it comes...threaddie!!!:woohoo: :woohoo:not a bad one too and on a plastic in water that resembled coffee,could not have been happier:cheer:decided i'd keep this fella for a feed,n at 72cm should be more than enough for dinner;)the plastic that did the damage was a pumpkinseed powerbait.

cheers brisfisher [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/afo_picture234.jpg

post-2291-144598457215_thumb.jpg

so have 2 go fishing there

mayb jsut after rowing one weekend

seeing as thats out shed haha

seen guys get a few small bullies of ther

kinda scares the s@*& out of you when you think of the number of times u have fallen in off sculls with bleeding blisters

or about when we spent liek 30 minutes swimming to adn sinking the other schoools pontoons after head of the river :unsure:

woops

hey guys,

just a quick question regarding threadies, (sorry about the hijack brisfisher). will a threadie take a trolled lure? i have heard of them being caught up north as a by catch to barra but was wondering if brizzy threadies have been caught on trolled lures.

thanks guys

buzz

These threadies are a lot of fun hey, we left the boat at home and went for a walk down to the end of nudgie creek to fish the flats for whitting but did no good, so we went for a spin to schultz canal and fished with livies and prawns and my mate Matt caught a good threadie there on a PRAWN!!! Couldnt believe it, we cooked it up on the fire and ate it there, was beautiful..

Jords wrote:

hah ouch

u hear about the terrace 1st VIII guy...josh i think... who collapsed

he was absolutely dead after that race

A bit late... but BSHS all the way..... maybe not so much in rowing:blush: .. but everything else. :laugh: B)

Do$tylz wrote:

Jords wrote:
hah ouch

u hear about the terrace 1st VIII guy...josh i think... who collapsed

he was absolutely dead after that race

A bit late... but BSHS all the way..... maybe not so much in rowing:blush: .. but everything else. :laugh: B)

er nope marist first xv and first xi hahhah or even nudgee but i was only ther for 1 yr

Archived