SlaterStick Creation!

fishyman

• 4 weeks later...

well i finaly got my bloody blank back from motackle today

but

i swear hastings blanks dont come in a special purply/blue chameleon paint?

well mine did and it looks Fing sweet

ive only looked at it under a lamp i cant wait to get it out in the sun i think ill cry :P

cant wait to build this one

1-2kg blank 1/32-1/4 casting weight. matched to a biomaster C2000

gonna be a awesome bream/bass/squire rod i think

then after this one its onto my heavier rod :)

will keep you posted, taking a few bits into school tomorrow to get the handle finished up so i can glue it up.

nah its got plenty of guts down low. i reckon itll be perfect for what i want.

as for squire, itll only be used for fish up to like 40cm lol, im building a 6-15lb loomis for the bigger fish

Cmon fellas, red line finesse fishing :) its great fun hahahaha

Tom, I've seen 80cm toga landed on 4lbs, so assuming thats what you're going to run, you can get those:P

I would personally still use it on snapper/squire, but that's me :laugh:

nothing wrong with using light gear:)

Edit: Expect to see my 4lbs imx and twin power setup at NPD more often now that I got a good PB:)

nah snapper wont spool me, this will have about 200m of 10lb braid on it.

ill only use this combo for snapper when they are small like under 45cm or if i am bringing fish up with eaze on my heavier setup.

i would like to get spooled though, just paint up some barrel sinkers and throw it at some mac tunas on some cheap mono :P

and OMG

After receieving the GALEFORCE catalog off leighton (thanks mate) my dad said we are going to go to the warehouse place and have a look. I think hes coming around.

OMG OMG OMG WOOOOOOO :D :D:D :D:D :D:D

nice :) with regards to the boat

You want to get spooled? haha ok then:D You're going 10lbs line? mmmmmm snapper shouldn't be that big of an issue then:P

But hey, I've only caught one squire at 31cm. It fought well, and I'd love to hook up to a 50cm one on 4 or 8lbs. I'd probably get done on structure on 4lbs though, but I'm sure it'd be a great fight :D

yeah 10lbs, a bit overkill for the rod, but the guy who recomended that blank to me a mate up in townsville says it has alot more guts than 4lb. and after playing with mine today id have to agree. the tip folds away nicely to reveal quite a strong butt section.

there will onlt be 10lb on it when i go out into the bay. itll have 6lb on it if i am going breaming

gonna be perfect :)

Archived