SlaterStick Creation!

fishyman

Well after a long wait to order my blank it all arrived today. Going to pick it up from the post office tomorrow.

the build is a GUSA pioneer PUR70UL 2kg line rating, 7 foot long. It will be built with Fuji TiSic Guides in TATSG and TLSG frames. The grip will be built up out of Matagi stuff and will be part EVA part cork.

initially i wanted it to be completed for the kayak campo but i dont think thatll be possible.

Ill keep you posted on how it goes. ill take some photos of the components tomorrow and post them up and post progress reports after each bit of work.

Should be a cracker of a rod, im actually scared about the possibility of damaging it haha.

it will be mathed to a Stradic FI 2500 and used for bream,bass and pinkeys :)

depends how upmarket you wanna go on parts blanks guides etc.

to keep it light on weight id go recoil guides with Fuji TiSic stripper and tip. cork split grip to save some more weight and a fuji ACS trigger seat.

you pick a blank that you like and ill work out costs

Dan23 wrote:

Shrimpo wrote:
2lb why u want that?

To use with 23lb Varivas of course:laugh:

Actually I've been using a 1lb spinning rod for a couple of weeks now and it has landed me a 40cm Dart plus a 34cm and 35cm bream and a heap of other smaller bream already.

The lighter you go the more fun you have;)

heres some pics of the components, a bit dodgy quality wise but you should be able to get the jist of it.

firstly the small Butt Grip.

as its a split grip design this small EVA foam grip will be sporting a nice silver butt plate that ive recessed into the foam just a little to help prevent scratching and dints on the edges, plus it looks better ;)

Rebated

DSCN3106_editedAFO.jpg

And butt cap put in

DSCN3108AFO.jpg

DSCN3112_editedAFO.jpg

bit dodge photos.

next, the reel seat and main grip. EVA again with a Matagi chameleon reel seat in greeny gold color.

DSCN3113AFO.jpg

DSCN3114AFO.jpg

next the locking grip, as this is an IPS seat one of the grips acts as the locking nut and locks your reel into place. This is where i have to do some modifying which invloves cutting back the black hooded piece by about half and turning a nice cork grip to fit

DSCN3115_editedAFO.jpg

and finally a shit quality photo of the guides

DSCN3116_editedAFO.jpg

again sorry for the dodgy pics, hopefully have the handle glued by thursday night, i have to do my fancy wrap before that though as i have designed the locking grip to slide over the tiger wrap. so ill need to do that first.

any questions im glad to answer to the best of my ability. now i need to buy my reel for it :)

Thanks

Tom

ahh kriso

HELL NO

GRRR FUCK FUCK FUCK FUDGE

my blank came i inspected it today and there is a massive chip and weird marks in teh finish so i have to send it back :angry: for a high qualit hastings blank i expect more :angry:

and my reel hasnt been serviced in time :amgry:

how much more could go wrong

Archived