mel0878

welcome aboard melissa. I do not know any companies that can teach you but im sure if you tag along to any of the AFO outings there will be plenty of helpers.

Just keep your eyes on the going fishing threads, tell em you will be there and i can guarantee you will be most welcome and the guys will show you how.

Richard.

G'day Mel, You're in the best company for learning about fishing right now;) We have events where we meet up and have a fish, learning new styles of fishing all the time:woohoo:

I'm sure members wouldn't mind showing you a few pointers with what ever style you would like to learn.

Welcome to AFO:)

Jayson

Welcome Mellissa,

I'm reasonably new here as well, as for learning to fish, as others have said there is Plenty of AFO events. Or also there is a company called 2 Bent Rods, http://www.2bentrods.com.au/ they have many fishing classes held from ones for kids, to women only, to family courses. My 6 yr old nephew went to one of the kids courses and had a great time.

Cheers,

Matt

yep. There are always people fishing and always keen for people to join. Heading fishing tomorrow somewhere (still don't know where) and you are more than welcome to join. Can even lend you a rod if you don't have one.

Otherwise, there are plenty of opportunities to join others on their trips.

mangler wrote:

Welcome Mellissa,

I'm reasonably new here as well, as for learning to fish, as others have said there is Plenty of AFO events. Or also there is a company called 2 Bent Rods, http://www.2bentrods.com.au/ they have many fishing classes held from ones for kids, to women only, to family courses. My 6 yr old nephew went to one of the kids courses and had a great time.

Cheers,

Matt

Thats a great idea Matt, I didn't think of that. A realy good option for Mel. I here good things about 2bentrods.

Jayson

Yeah Sam from 2 Bent rods is really nice and helpful as well!

Melissa welcome to the site!

Pretty much everything has been said I guess! But i will reiterate, getting out with those in the know is easily the best way to learn.

Look out for the Winter Camp in July. Its going to be great and suits all skill levels.

Angus

Anyway ill retype my message that appears to have been lost.

There are also 2 charter days coming if you are keen.

One of the 1st June one on the 15th.

Would be nice to get onto a nice bay snapper for a learning curve!

Angus

Hi mellissa,

welcome to the site.

i am a firm believer in practice makes perfect. there are many people on the site (me included) who head out often and advertise for crew members to tag along. look out for those, it can be a good place to learn the basics. other than that, get out there and practice! :)

my theory is if there is water there has to be fish...:laugh:

good luck

benno <'>-<

on a side note, i'm hoping someone can take some time off tipping me outa my kayak and maybe help me catch a bass this weekend at the kayak camp???:blush:

Archived