Kayaking Nudgee 18/5/08

Mack_attack

No toadfish are best released as even though they can be annoying they still are a native species and play a role is the ecosystem. Unlike carp which destroy the rivers and are an exotic species toadfish don't harm any other fish and help to clean up the crap around the rivers.

And besides as we were loading up the kayaks a lady caught a toadfish and she seemed pretty happy with herself so a toadfish that can be caught is better than a crispy one lying on the jetty.

Yeah lol. I remember last year, me and my friend went through a real dark patch in fishing. When quite a few fish were dying for some reason in the middle brissy river, we went session after session using bait and not catching anything and not even cattys... We enjoyed getting snagged just to feel weight on the rod haha, my friend got snagged and im like "give me a turn" "no its mine"... lol i remember saying id love to get a look from a toadfish :P. Dark dark times :P. had like a 5 hour session and finnaly landed a 27cm bream on my "shark rod" haha it started to get better from then, then we made a post here going on about "great succes" from catching a few big cattys :D. A few weeks later we were cursing the cattys :P.

So in times of need, i love a good toadie or catty :D

they do play a vital role in the ecosystem. likewise, so do catfish and neither should be destroyed unnecessarily. they are native to the area and have a spot in the ecology of the area.

and ellicat, the nudgee creek zone is apparently "a vital mangrove nursery and breeding ground for many endemic species. also important shorebird grazing area."

hrmmm... anyone seen anything more interesting than ibis there?

pity they still won't do anything about crap run-off into the water... :dry:

Archived