Aaron The Tailer King

rayke1938

TBC tomorrow.

Was too tired to post last night SO here is the rest.

We didn't get away till late due to Rocket stopping and enjoying the view on the gateway for an hour or so.

I don't know why but he seemed to be a bit flustered when he finally arrived.

We arrived at spot x just on the last of the daylight and anchored up.

It was pretty slow at first with Aaron scoring the first fish a ball-biter AKA as a grinner.

P1010233AFO-5.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality of the photos it is not due to me blacking out the background to protect spot X its just the crappy flash on my camera.

After Aaron scoring another grinner I caught a couple of choppers and Rocked got done a few times on unknown fish.

After that it got a bit boring listening to Aaron saying Ive got anothery.

A lot of the fish were either just under or just legal and were released.

Rocket finally was able to land a fish after a few more bust ups.

P1010234AFO-2.jpg

Aaron's technique was to cast out and feeding out more line at intervals and pause and wait for a bite.

I managed a few more unders and another legal fish.

P1010236AFO-1.jpg

We knocked off at 10pm and brought home 8 fish for a feed.

It was a beautiful night no wind, water like glass and full moon and at least I out-fished one decky.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks a lot for the trip Ray, my first trip in the salt water since the classic and my first decent tailor session since winter 2006 looks like they might be a bit thicker than last year so might have to start hunting my favorite rockwalls again.

I hate traffic.:angry:

2 & 1/4 hours to get from Boondall to Redland Bay, most of the time doing the first gear stop start.

Thanks to Aaron and Ray for waiting for me, really appreciate it.

Never before have I been in more desperate need of a relaxing session of fishing than last night. Nothing like good company, beautiful conditions and a few fish to wind down and chase away a headache.

Ray's boat is a great fishing platform and made quick work of a run accross the glassy bay, in no time flat we had bait in the water and a cuppa in hand. Fishing was a bit slow, but Aaron made it look easy as Ray and I battled with missed hits and bits off's.

Time flew by and before I knew it we had a feed on board and headed for home.

Bidding farewll to Ray and Aaron I hit the road for what was surely to be a much easier drive home...how wrong I was.

The headache that had been lingering from my drive over hit overdrive not long after leaving. I stopped and got some panadol rapid and headed off for home but it only got worse from there.

With head pounding and shakes setting in I could feel a migraine taking hold.

What followed was much more trying than the marathon drive over.

Somehow I managed to take numerous wrong turns and travelled an extra 20 mins whilst fighting the urge to pull over, throw up and curl into the foetal postion.

At no stage in my journey did I feel like I was not able to control the car, but it certainly took a lot of concentration to keep it that way.

After what seemed like a very long time, I finally made it home, stumbled into the kitchen, got me some serious medication and hit my bed.

What a night...now I have a hangover and didn't touch a drop!:huh:

Thanks again to Ray for the invite and Aaron for catching all the fish;)

I'm going back to bed.:S

Rocket

Rocket75 wrote:

I hate traffic.:angry:

2 & 1/4 hours to get from Boondall to Redland Bay, most of the time doing the first gear stop start.

Thanks to Aaron and Ray for waiting for me, really appreciate it.

Never before have I been in more desperate need of a relaxing session of fishing than last night. Nothing like good company, beautiful conditions and a few fish to wind down and chase away a headache.

Ray's boat is a great fishing platform and made quick work of a run accross the glassy bay, in no time flat we had bait in the water and a cuppa in hand. Fishing was a bit slow, but Aaron made it look easy as Ray and I battled with missed hits and bits off's.

Time flew by and before I knew it we had a feed on board and headed for home.

Bidding farewll to Ray and Aaron I hit the road for what was surely to be a much easier drive home...how wrong I was.

The headache that had been lingering from my drive over hit overdrive not long after leaving. I stopped and got some panadol rapid and headed off for home but it only got worse from there.

With head pounding and shakes setting in I could feel a migraine taking hold.

What followed was much more trying than the marathon drive over.

Somehow I managed to take numerous wrong turns and travelled an extra 20 mins whilst fighting the urge to pull over, throw up and curl into the foetal postion.

At no stage in my journey did I feel like I was not able to control the car, but it certainly took a lot of concentration to keep it that way.

After what seemed like a very long time, I finally made it home, stumbled into the kitchen, got me some serious medication and hit my bed.

What a night...now I have a hangover and didn't touch a drop!:huh:

Thanks again to Ray for the invite and Aaron for catching all the fish;)

I'm going back to bed.:S

Rocket

arrrrrrgh! it's not a tumor!!!!:laugh:

Archived