My boat fit out

dunney

as it says i will be completely fitting my new boat out as soon as it arrives (3-4 weeks time).

it will mainly be for estuary/canal/tornament work but will also be heavily used in the bay and occasionally the inshore reefs off m'bar/goldie.

I have chosen just to show you how i will be building my boat up so other memebers can either get idea's or see the savings that can be had in decking your boat out rather than buying one already done from the dealer.

The boat in question here is a stacer proline 399.I chose this boat over others as i felt it had superior build quality and was very well priced and it will look great once finished.

here is a list of all the mods this boat will be recieving over the next few weeks after i take delivery of the boat, with how to's on all the mods.i will try my hardest to keep taking photo's for you all.

MODS TO COME

1-electric bow mount plate-------DONE

2-front casting deck with access hatch's (inc-framework)-----------DONE

3-rear casting deck with access hatch's (inc- framework)

4-fully plumbed live bait tank

5-wiring up all electrics inc:nav lights,anchor lights,sounder,gps,bilge pump,live bait pump, deck lights.etc--------------DONE

6-full length floor---------DONE

7-installing boat seats and bases

8-fully painted hull (probably white atm)----------DONE

9-custom fuel tank (this is still in the air atm and will depend on room)

10-installg rod holders------------DONE

11-fitting an outboard-------------DONE

12-side pocket install/weld--------DONE

13-custom rego numbers and side decals-------------DONE

14-side extruded decks-------DONE

15-sounder transducer mounting plate-------DONE

i will also try to include how to's on (more to come over time)

1.how to mount and install a GPS and/or SOUNDER properly

2.how to glue your carpet to your decks

3.how to plumb you bait tank up

4.how to prep and paint your boat

as you can see i will be off the water now for a month or two but hopefuly in the end it will be a great little entry level tornament boat well fitted out.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shrimpo-i've done it before if the weather is fine you can take anyboat anywear.its all about knowing what your boat can handle...moretan bay can be worse than offshore as im sure many boaties can testify on the forum..

yeah the toey will be going one the boat as its anly 3-5 months old

its actually a 25hp converted intp a 30 with an eftermrket prop and a foil.so yeah it will have easily enough power.floors will only be 6-8mm marine ply as i will have a good strong alloy frame in it and as u no alloy is light as a feather.

electrics will be led nav/anchor/deck lights.running a matrix 17 sounder and a navman chartplotter

Good timing SaltShaker. I am about to do the exact same thing with my 395 Shadow. Will be interested to see how yours turns out. I will be mostly using the existing framework from the factory and adding a side console and extending the rear casting platform.

Terry

• 4 weeks later...

ok well the boat arrived today and we got straight down to the nitty gritty..so far we have installed the bow mount plate,the side extruded decks and the sounder transducer bracket.

i didnt take pics of the boat before as i didnt have my camera there but tomorrow i will take some pics in the light and show you wear we are at now..

still many more mmods to come

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok well i have been a busy boy of late and let thsi post slide down here's a fair few pics of what ive been up to...will be ready by this saturday

this first pic is of my boat stock as a rock leaning up againts the wall from northside marine...i decided to get the side extruded decks and bow mount plate done at the factory due to a massive amount of time saved and it wasnt that expensive anyways.plus as you will see from factory they remove the triangle peice and "round" the front of the front of the boat

[img size=374]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/1-6efe7d9f04baccdb6e2885f3c36e9299.jpg

post-663-144598469253_thumb.jpg

as im very fussy with my trailer it needed more work done to it, so i pulled off the boat hull,dumped in on the grass and undid every single bolt(and yes i literally mean every single bolt) on the trailer and applied lanolin to them all,then applied it all inside the lights,repacked the bearings,lined the inside of the wheels arch's with a thicker coat of lanolin and after a whole saturday it was done... i also installed bearing buddies,and lined the boat up properly on all the rollers and skit pads as from the factory it was terrible.

in the pic you can sorta see the lanolin (yellowish stuff on the boltsO)

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/6-64631d204e1c5e2a7bb6cde5e346747b.jpg

post-663-14459846926_thumb.jpg

next was to start to pre drill everything i new i wanted to install..so that included throught hull bait pump,bilge pump out,transducer holes etc...

here's a pic of the transducer bracket with the thransducer predrilled out

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/5-cb2d2c6245522cb277d91be7d11d4409.jpg

post-663-144598469263_thumb.jpg

notice how i have plenty of room under the floor for a future fuel tank when i can afford one..

i have also added upright supports to this now..i will take pics of them tomorrow when there's more light.she's rock solid

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/10-b7e10a815120744fc460a1712656c0bd.jpg

post-663-14459846929_thumb.jpg

Archived