Kayaking Nudgee 28-5-08

Cowfish13

Short report tonigh, cause no many pics

Went again today from around 8am-2:30pm:) Way better conditions, nearly glassed out. So if was a much more enjoyable trip than last time (for paddling atleast)

The fish didn't want to play though:dry::( Took a while to work out what to do. I eventually found out by trolling. Picked up a nice 27cm Bream on an SX40. Was a weird experience getting a fish trolling from the yak. Didn't know what was happening when it hit:D

All fish today were caught trolling gold SX40's

Tally for the day was:

Me: 3 Bream (27, 23, 10cm :blink: was 10cm, I measured it with its tail pinched down) 1 pike:S

Jack: 2 Bream (27, 23cm), 1 Whiting (<12cm) 1 pike (same spot as mine as well, hours apart though)

Only bothered to get a picture of Jack's bigger Bream. But got some scenic shots of the Yaks as well:cheer:

Cowfish13 wrote:

Bah!!:D

No chance, I'll be too far ahead of you to see yours:D:D

Will dont get jealous just because me and Jack will be able to drift around corners in our yaks with our rudders and you will have to paddle around:lol:

pinkey wrote:

Nice one guys, was this in kedron brook floodway or jacksons creek? We were gonna go there today but went to nudgee creek instead.. Suprised you didnt get any flattys.. did you target any? nice bream though.

Yeah, we were surprised too:S We targeted them heaps on the plastics, but nothing:( Saw heaps and heaps scoot away though when we were in less than 50cm of water. Some looked 60-70cm long:ohmy:

The yak photos were taken near the mouth of Kedron Brook/Nudgee Beach area, fish were caught in Jackson's Creek

!!!NEWS FLASH!!! lol We we're trying that today, but the water was freezing, so any Jack's in there were probably shut down:(

Jack (the brother, not the fish:silly:) had to swim for his new TT switchblade today as well:D Was in about 2.5m of water as well. He did not look comfortable:D

Archived