Arvo at the pine (25/5)

reef_raider

after a mate had told us about seeing bullies the other week we spent yesterday arvo in one of our good land based spots at the pine river with a mate, wernt there long before he managed a small cattie.

about 2 minutes after we see the wake from something reasonable swimming right along the bank, it came past us and we were amazed when we saw a bullshark about 1 metre long swimming past, from then on we kept seeing them, jumping smashing mullet and just crusing along... would have seen 10-15 all around 80cm-1m. after a while one of the baits started to get hit wasnt long before id hooked up but within seconds it was gone, nothing left not even a sinker, so my guess is he tail whipped the line above the wire trace as i was only using a single 50cm one...

re rigged with double traces but didnt manage anything else apart from a pike eel around 1m long.

will definately be back down there this week for another go

unfortunately no pics this time

WOW!

where abouts is that spot?????

or is it a secret "spot-x"?

wouldnt mind hiiitng up the pine one weekend soon, espesh if the bigger boys r out to play...

ive been trying top nail a little bully for over a year... as yet no results int hat department, only stingrays...

m8, i hope u succed in catchign 1, and i hop i do soon tooB)

Whatnow, main land based areas for the Pine are deep water bend (I think bracken ridge) or Dohles Rocks (thats a suburb, as well as location). Also access from the parks either side of the river at Petrie, but not much water there at low tide.

Archived