New Toy arrived today

Feral

My new reel arrived from Ebay - yankland today. Daiwa Advantage 153hsta.

$160 Australian to the door. (Cost $240 at Mo Tackle, sans postage!)

She is a bewdy. light as a feather, looks the part. Dan recommended her, and when the mob that sold Gazza his reel took 2 weeks to reply to my emails about the browning, it was to late, had already order the daiwa!

Here is a promotional pic [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/pictdahsta3.jpg

post-134-144598459145_thumb.jpg

They're a nice reel alright. very nice for the price. I'm surprised how strong the drag is too. Hopefully it'll make not catching anything at NPD a little more fun lol:cheer:

We'll have to have some casting comps Feral:woohoo:

Kev, not to many threadfin in the dams! (Its rare I fish salt), barra or cod will do me nicely.

Probably no good casting Dan, I'll be spooling with 15 or 20lb braid, you'll no doubt have something akin to spiderweb on yours, giving you a slight advantage!

Chubbstar, - Alex wont even know I have it, It wont be coming out in his sight!

Dan, the braid I am using is fairly thick as well, but bewdiful and limp - not like that mongrel 6lb fire(barbwire)line I have on my bass spinning reel!

Just went and had some casts at the Breaky Creek boat ramp to try it out. Man, it'll take some getting used to such a free spool. I found myself picking out a few little tangles. It casts a jackal Chubby about 30FT comfortably though and feels like with some serious practice it holds the potential to do everything I would want it to. The drag also surprised me, it is only rated at 9.1lb by TT but locking it up I struggled to really pull line off the spool without cutting my hand. Can't wait to christen it with something BIG:cheer:

Archived