G loomis

a mate has 2 Loomis rods for sale

A GLX 803 for $500

an 852 Mossyback for $400

Both rods are as new and price is neg

pm me if you are interested

the Mossyback would suit your needs, I have a GLX 852 that I run a 2500 size reel. 2 Spools..6 lbs and 15 lbs. I can pop for whiting or cast for Tuna

yeah reviving a this thread again...:)

Can somone tell me, do reels come in sizes, as Leighton above has described a 2500 reel

Is this the same size reel across the board?

And I also have a question abut braid?

Is it any good and is there stronger nylon types of line or is braid as strong as you get?

regards

Dan

You will need braid if you are using a Graphite Rod for plastic work. There are low streach mono lines out there but for castability and sensetivity IMO braid is the only line to use.

Braid under 10 lbs I use Stren Microfuse

Over 10 lbs I use either Nitlon or Sunline Super PE

Over 20 lbs I use Sunline Castaway

All reels come in sizes, it relates to the size of the spool, drag pressure etc

There are some differences between a Daiwa 2500 to say a Shimano 2500 ie Retrieve rate, line capacity etc. A bit like comparing Fords to Holdens

Thanks mate

I like the look of the Fireblood series of reels from shimano, they look sturdy, cost a bit but I want a nice setup I can use for a years to come.

could somone tell me if the Fireblood 2500 series or the Fireblood 4000 series would be better suited to my rod?

I like the 4000 series as its line capacity matches the rod.

heres my rod specs

Model- GL3 SPINNING ROD

LENGTH 7 FOOT

LINE WEIGHT 6 -12 LB

ACTION FAST

POWER MEDIUM/LIGHT

LURE 1/4 TO 12 OUNCE

I asking this because I buy most of my stuff online. ;)

I would much rather the 4000 for extra line capacity but I was need some opinions in case there is any large problem with buying the 4000 for this rod.

Anything ..lol!! it is Brisbane you know, cant be too fussy.

probably flathead, bream, threadfin, squire

mostly fish along those lines

but i would like it to have a bit of oompf in case I hook somthing bigger like a large trevally large threadfin or good size jew...

The sales guy reckons the rod will handle 15lb+ fish hope, which I think will cover me pretty well for landbased fishing around the

east and south coast.

It just there is only 30 dollars difference between the 2500 and the 4000 so I dont want to get it wrong

usually u need at least 2 combos to cover what ur fishing style. i don't think it's a good idea to use one combo to target bream at the same time m+ threadfin and jewie.

the spinning combo i'm using now is megabass fullhouse 3-11lb with kix2000, mainline's 10lb varivas PE and leader's usually 6 to 10.

it's a little bit too heavy for SP breaming but i wouldn't go chase threadfin or jew over 80cm with it. a 15lb threadfin's probably 1.2-1.4m so, well. i think u need one more combo for the job

Archived