N.P.D Rising

STU

went and had a look this arvo to see how much its gone up since the rain it has risen a fair bit since I was last there went to 3 differnt spots to suss it out cant beleive how much forgans has gone up towards the wall near the road and to get to some of the spots I fished last year would take forever walking right around the bays now filled with water also had a look north of forgans down the track past the toilet to a old dirt ramp which is up to the long grass again wont be long for that island to go under.

Bullockys has gone up to the long grass so where the quys were fishing the other day would be chest deep spoke to the ranger he said it has risen about 4% and about 1-1 1/2m and still going up he checked out the river running into it and its still running hard so come on magic mark:)

bullockys from the penninsula car park [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/np_rising_002_AFO.jpg

post-1103-144598459893_thumb.jpg

Percentages are Wivenhoe, Somerset, Samsonvale.

Percentage in Storage 23.80% 86.10% 33.44%

Change since yesterday +0.196% +3.773% +3.327%

/>http://www.seqwater.com.au/content/standard.asp?name=DamOperationsandMaintenance

Gee, I bet the stanley is flowing too :ohmy:

TerryH wrote:

Percentages are Wivenhoe, Somerset, Samsonvale.

Percentage in Storage 23.80% 86.10% 33.44%

Change since yesterday +0.196% +3.773% +3.327%

/>http://www.seqwater.com.au/content/standard.asp?name=DamOperationsandMaintenance

Gee, I bet the stanley is flowing too :ohmy:

the old lady lives at peachester (where the stanley and other somerset tributaries starts) and they had 240mm of rain over the weekend. the stanley is definately flowing. let's hope it gets to 40% combined so water restrictions get eased! only 1.58% to go!!! :woohoo:

Why do you want water restrictions eased? Honestly we've been without the hose for a year or 2 now and it hasnt done anyone harm, If we get to 40% and we're allowed to hose again then it will be straight down to 30% in no time, I would rather have a wet weekend once a month and u can water ure garden and wash ure car for one day a month.

Shrimpo wrote:

Why do you want water restrictions eased? Honestly we've been without the hose for a year or 2 now and it hasnt done anyone harm, If we get to 40% and we're allowed to hose again then it will be straight down to 30% in no time, I would rather have a wet weekend once a month and u can water ure garden and wash ure car for one day a month.

I think they may mean water restrictions involving boating on NPD not the use of hoses mate.

Heath

Beefa wrote:

Shrimpo wrote:

I think they may mean water restrictions involving boating on NPD not the use of hoses mate.

Heath

When the combined water restrictions get to 40%, water restrictions will be lifted 9ie hoses allowed etc) but when NPD gets over 55%, we'll be allowed to boat on it:woohoo:

I agree with you Shrimpo, it's just gonna get back to 35-30% within a few weeks with hoses allowed:(

Shrimpo wrote:

Why do you want water restrictions eased? Honestly we've been without the hose for a year or 2 now and it hasnt done anyone harm,

Except for all the poor buggers who used to have jobs in nursery's and the gardening industry.....

Little bit off topic, but for landbased fishing at NPD, do you need a permit???

I notice it isn't on the list of dams that the SIP covers??? Somebody once told me that you need a permit from the council to fish there, and another fella told me that that is only from a boat (when boats are allowed on the dam)???

Cheers,

Matt

STU wrote:

looking at forgans from the north with a couple blokes fighting the long grass [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/np_rising_005_AFO.jpg

Nice piccy of me and plastic_fantastic at Forgans there STU! lol! That was us bashin our way through to some good fish lol (i THINK i'm the one whos visible on the right in the photo, cant see much, we look kinda small :laugh: )....good session was had, rounded up a neat tally of 18 bass (9 each) and 2 yellas (1 each)! Very nice way to spend the arvo, apart from the 50 million resident ants that wanted to join our travels, rrrr, very annoying!!! From our afternoon there we could tell the rising water level had little effect on the fish, they were as ferocious as ever (I got 3 bass in three casts :laugh: )

Plastic might do a post on our litle session later on as he has all the pics on his camera...

Archived