mud isl sat 14th bad report

rumrunner

hi

i headed out to mud island on sat morning with my family,

the weather was predicting 20-30k gusts so i thaught it would be to rough to get there and i would end up fishing the rock wall! but i thaught it was still worth a try!

hit the water at 730am and made it all the way to mud avrg about 30ks through the bay!

when i arrived at my spot s/sw of mud the wind started picking up and i thaught i might be in for a rough trip home so i decided to make a u turn and head back to the wall.

well that was a bad decision!:( i anchored up near the lat marker on the east side or the wall and had no luck with the fish other then a few rays a bird and a bream!

but the bad luck part was when the weather cleared up and the bay flattend out so i decided to pull anchor and head back to mud! but when i did i got stuck on some other basters anchor!:angry:

it took me atleast 30 min to pull the basterd up! but i got it in the end with some minor chips to my gel coat under the anchor guide!:angry: :angry: :angry:

on the bright side i scored a spare anchor!

i headed back to mud doing 30-40ks not a problem!

i anchored up again and started bearlying like mad but unfotunatly i think i missed them and got there to late!

we got a few more bream and a grinner but that was it!:blush:

livies wernt working either! only one got his head bit off!

oh well there is allways next time;)

cheers Ian [img size=480]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_4263__Custom_.jpg

post-2165-144598461718_thumb.jpg

Archived