4BC/Suncorp Family Fishing & Boating Classic

Angus

Hey everyone. I was hoping to muster a decent AFO crew for this one. AFO have also been invited to set up a AFO Stand there :)

Anyone interested?

Wet your line and your tastebuds at this year's 1116 4BC & Suncorp Family Fishing & Boating Classic

4BC is proud to announce the first, annual 4BC/Suncorp Family Fishing & Boating Classic at the Manly Multihull Yacht Club Saturday and Sunday, 2nd & 3rd of August 2008

This will be Brisbane's premier family-orientated fishing competition showcasing Moreton Bay with a $10,000 Ozcraft/Kratzmann Marine Boat Package up for grabs.

The BCF Kids Fishing Club and Fishing Clinics will give kids the opportunity to show Mum & Dad how its done and win great prizes just for themselves.

For the older kids the 4BC/Suncorp Family Fishing & Boating Classic will be a hotly contested extravaganza of Fishing, Food and Entertainment with plenty on offer.

Registration opens NOW online at 4BC.com.au

All proceeds from this event will go to SUNWISE - Helping educate the Australian public about the dangers of skin cancer, its prevention and tips on staying safe in the sun

Keep listening to 1116 4BC for more information

For further information contact:

Donna Lynch, Public Relations Officer

(07) 3908 8219 or 0417 722 457

Angus wrote:

Well it looks like AFO will have a stand there. So please dont hesitate to come say gday!

Angus

Dont worry Angus, we will all bring every fish we catch around for you to have a look at ;) just so you know what your missing out on :evil:

shortie wrote:

>http://www.mytalk.com.au/Documents/PDF/FirstAnnual4BCSuncorpFamilyFishingClassic.pdf

this is a bit interesting - in theie T&C they list boundaries for a "rainbow beach" area and also mention crossing the wide bay bar... :blink: i would be interested to know the official boundaries for this event if anyone has been able to find them?

benno573 wrote:

shortie wrote:
>http://www.mytalk.com.au/Documents/PDF/FirstAnnual4BCSuncorpFamilyFishingClassic.pdf

this is a bit interesting - in theie T&C they list boundaries for a "rainbow beach" area and also mention crossing the wide bay bar... :blink: i would be interested to know the official boundaries for this event if anyone has been able to find them?

Looks like they have used the rules and sponsors section of a flyer from another event without changing them for the new event.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

2 Bent Rods is running the BCF Kids Clinics and Kids fishing comp and we are looking for a couple of people to give us a hand. I know a lot of you will be entering the comp or helping Angus out but if anyone has a bit of spare time, we would really appreciate the help.

There has been a bit of confusion with the way things are running.

There is 3 events:

1. 4BC/Suncorp Family Fishing Classic - this is open to adults as well as kids/families

2. BCF Kids Clinics - kids will learn to tie knots, throw a cast net, catch yabbies & more

3. Kids Fishing Comp - This is open to kids and an adult is to be present. This is more an experience for kids and won't be really competitive.

If anyone is interested in helping either send me a PM or email: sam@2bentrods.com.au or phone 0403 713 820

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, great news!

AFO will have a trade stand at the 4BC/Suncorp Family Fishing & Boating Classic! :)

Please if you can stop by and say Gday and have a yarn. All AFO stock will be on sale for those that dont want to pay postage as well. Ill also be making some photo boards from our latest events so you might be lucky enough to see yourself!

Also champion effort to Ash for offering to help out Sam from 2 bent rods. Anyone else with a blue card? Your efforts would be greatly appreciated by Sam and the team at Two Bent Rods. Let get in and teach them a proactive past time while they are young!

Angus

Jeremy & I would like to thank Benno & Ash for putting their hands up to help us with the kids. If anybody else wants to come on board we could do with a bit of a hand for a couple of hours on Saturday morning with the kids fishing comp, it runs from 9-11 at the Wynnum T Jetty.

There is still spots available for the kids fishing comp. It costs $5 and 4BC have told us the kids are getting some pretty good stuff in the goodies bag

I believe the information on the 4BC website has been updated.

This is from the entry form rules & conditions.

BOUNDARIES

Fishing boundaries are to the southern tip of the Bribie Island and to the south; the Northern tip of Maclay Island (Potts Point). All zones deemed to be restricted from Fishing by the DPI remain off-limits.

4BC are looking at having bait for sale at the event.

Just wondering when you guys enter an event would you buy your bait there. It would be available from around 5am until close

or do you pre purchase it

or do you buy it when you fuel up your boats?

What baits would you be after?

Any assistance you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Archived